Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I need help with my "special" friend

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
So back when I was in My teens (I am now in my 30'a). I was in Competition dance, there was a girl who took a class there who was the same age as me, but mentally she was 8. She has now found me on fb, she was so excited and asked if she could have my number. she now calls me all the time, although we are both in our 30's she is mentally in her teens and she is asking me things like when did I know I was ready, does sex hurt. I keep telling her to talk to her Mom about these things. But she keeps calling me several times a day
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 12, 2012 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
YzmaRocks
by Ruby Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 7:49 PM
Talk to her mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1boy1girlmama
by Silver Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Yikes. Can you just avoid the phone calls?? Or make it a point to only talk to her once a week, and just explain you are super busy and you can't be on the phone all the time?

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Bless your heart.  She admires you or something. Just keep telling her that she needs to discuss that with her mom.  Do you have caller ID? If so only answer when you can actually talk.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 12, 2012 at 7:52 PM
I try that, but she just keeps calling till I answer.

Quoting 1boy1girlmama:

Yikes. Can you just avoid the phone calls?? Or make it a point to only talk to her once a week, and just explain you are super busy and you can't be on the phone all the time?

hp2011
by Ruby Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 7:52 PM

i went to school with a girl like that.

conversations with her were awkward so i nodded and blinked and talked with her when i could. when it got graphic i'd just tell her to ask her mom because i'm not sure.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 12, 2012 at 7:52 PM
Shame on you!!!
catrig
by Platinum Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Designate a day and time to talk to her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 12, 2012 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this

:( I'm assuming she (hopefully) still lives with someone who is taking care of her? I would maybe just continue to be friendly with her, but try to talk to her mother or whoever is in her care. When mentally retarded people start to get interested in sex it can have devestating consequences. They are very vulnerable and easily taken advantage of. I had a distant cousin with mental retardation end up getting pregnant, and when her family tried to figure out what exactly had happened (they were worried she was raped), she ended up telling them that she wanted to have sex and she wanted a baby. She had the mental capacity of maybe a 10 year old at the time (she was late 20's). They never ended up figuring out who the father was, and the family raises the baby. Someone needs to know that she's becoming interested in these things. Good luck mama!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 12, 2012 at 7:55 PM
Why

Quoting Anonymous:

Shame on you!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 12, 2012 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this
She does live with her parents, and has several siblings

Quoting Anonymous:

:( I'm assuming she (hopefully) still lives with someone who is taking care of her? I would maybe just continue to be friendly with her, but try to talk to her mother or whoever is in her care. When mentally retarded people start to get interested in sex it can have devestating consequences. They are very vulnerable and easily taken advantage of. I had a distant cousin with mental retardation end up getting pregnant, and when her family tried to figure out what exactly had happened (they were worried she was raped), she ended up telling them that she wanted to have sex and she wanted a baby. She had the mental capacity of maybe a 10 year old at the time (she was late 20's). They never ended up figuring out who the father was, and the family raises the baby. Someone needs to know that she's becoming interested in these things. Good luck mama!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)