Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Heard this on the radio. How would you have reacted?

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:28 AM
  • 202 Replies
Mom says her 10 year old son came home crying saying a neighbor slapped him across the back.

The kid had been ding dong ditching and the neighbor caught him and slapped him and yelled at him.

Mom made the kid go over to the mans house and apologize and the man apologized to the kid and his mom and said he lost his temper and was upset because that wasn't the first time he had been pranks.

Mom is ok with letting the incident go but her family wants her to press charges.

Wwyd in her shoes?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:30 AM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:30 AM
15 moms liked this

Let it go. Everyone behaved badly and chances are the child could also get in further trouble. It's called harassment....

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:32 AM
4 moms liked this
That's my thoughts. The man apologized, as long as it never hapoened again I'd let that be a lesson learned on everyone's part.

Quoting Anonymous:

Let it go. Everyone behaved badly and chances are the child could also get in further trouble. It's called harrassment....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sam12796
by Platinum Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:33 AM
11 moms liked this

If it were me I am not sure. I think I would have a big problem with my neighbor who hit my kid instead of coming to me and letting me know. I don't feel as though a stranger has the right to put his hands on anyone let alone a child. I think I would have some seriously harsh words and depending on the situation yes I would press charges. Don't get me wrong the child would be punished by me and my husband not some neighbor dishing out corporal punishment.

alwayskk
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:33 AM
2 moms liked this

Since the neighbor apologized, I would let it go. Then I would discipline my son.

cryssi_renee
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:34 AM
3 moms liked this

I'd let it go with the neighbor. My kids would be grounded for being a little punk.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:34 AM
3 moms liked this
Let it go. Apologies were made. She didn't give it a second thought until her family chimed in. Her first instinct was to make the kid apologize. Not go yell at the man.
moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:34 AM
Let it go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilyofPhilly
by Platinum Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:35 AM
2 moms liked this

I would not press charges, unless the child was injured. The kid antagonized the man. There was a time grabbing a kid and giving him a whack for being a little asshole was pretty normal. Not that I condone it, just saying I understand how the guy lost it.

They still have to live in the same neighborhood. It's not worth getting this guy in legal trouble and alienating all the neighbors. Besides, the man could turn around and charge the kid with trespassing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:35 AM
8 moms liked this
Lesson learned for the kid. Then further discipline for the child for being a shithead.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)