Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Heard this on the radio. How would you have reacted?

Posted by   + Show Post
Mom says her 10 year old son came home crying saying a neighbor slapped him across the back.

The kid had been ding dong ditching and the neighbor caught him and slapped him and yelled at him.

Mom made the kid go over to the mans house and apologize and the man apologized to the kid and his mom and said he lost his temper and was upset because that wasn't the first time he had been pranks.

Mom is ok with letting the incident go but her family wants her to press charges.

Wwyd in her shoes?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:28 AM
Replies (11-20):
areyouatroll
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:35 AM
I'd call the police of course.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dclark39
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:36 AM
Not anyone should lay a hand on your child ever but you or your husband your son was wrong but didn't deserved to be hit for it that is assault on a minor
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:36 AM
3 moms liked this
I would have made my son apologize and that would have been it. When I was growing up, discipline was dished out by practically any adult who knew you. My friends and I got the switch from a neighbor for climbing up onto the roof of her shed. And when we got home, she called all of our parents and we got the switch at home for getting it at a neighbor's house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gwebkeijmmm
by Ruby Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:36 AM
Let it go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dolphingurl1286
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:36 AM

I would let it go.

blessed107
by Platinum Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:37 AM

The man apologized, I would let it go. Maybe this will teach the child to respect others and stop being annoying.

blessed107
by Platinum Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Damn right! Lol!

Quoting Nicoleb9:

I would have made my son apologize and that would have been it. When I was growing up, discipline was dished out by practically any adult who knew you. My friends and I got the switch from a neighbor for climbing up onto the roof of her shed. And when we got home, she called all of our parents and we got the switch at home for getting it at a neighbor's house.

hope_love_dream
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:38 AM

i would let it go and teach my kid to behave. this country is so sue happy it's pathetic.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:40 AM
I agree with making the kid say he was sorry. And I am glad the neighbor did also. Be be honst I don't know how I would react because I am very protective of my ds. I lost my dd almost 11 years ago and I can't have any more kids. So sometimes I will admit I can be over protective. So untill I am put in that type of thing I can't tell you what I would do.
mommytoeandb
by Platinum Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:42 AM
Let it go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)