Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Heard this on the radio. How would you have reacted?

Posted by   + Show Post
Mom says her 10 year old son came home crying saying a neighbor slapped him across the back.

The kid had been ding dong ditching and the neighbor caught him and slapped him and yelled at him.

Mom made the kid go over to the mans house and apologize and the man apologized to the kid and his mom and said he lost his temper and was upset because that wasn't the first time he had been pranks.

Mom is ok with letting the incident go but her family wants her to press charges.

Wwyd in her shoes?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:28 AM
Replies (21-30):
Tatiana7
by Gold Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM
Let it go. The kid started it. He needs to be held accountable for being a pest and an annoying child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM
Yup. We knew what we were doing was wrong when we were pulling the ladder out of the shed which is why we tried to do it as fast as we could and brought it around to the other side of the shed that faced away from the house but I guess the lady who lived on that other side saw us up on the roof and made a phone call. There was no cop calling and nothing to discuss other than apologizing to the neighbor.

Quoting blessed107:

Damn right! Lol!

Quoting Nicoleb9:

I would have made my son apologize and that would have been it. When I was growing up, discipline was dished out by practically any adult who knew you. My friends and I got the switch from a neighbor for climbing up onto the roof of her shed. And when we got home, she called all of our parents and we got the switch at home for getting it at a neighbor's house.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GLO682
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:44 AM

an adult should be able to control his temper enough to not put his hands on someone else's child. the kid is 10, of course he is going to do stupid things. the neighbor should have either called the police to scare the child or phoned the parent. i dont know about pressing charges, but that neighbor would know never to put his hands on my kid ever again. period.

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 9:03 AM
Bumpâť•
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 13, 2012 at 9:05 AM

The man apologized, so I would let it go.

SP_Mama
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 9:25 AM

I'd let it go.  The man wouldn't have done anything if the kid hadn't been antogonizing him.  Hopefully, the kid has a punishment at home as well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 13, 2012 at 9:27 AM
cheese and rice!! don't waste tax payer money on that type of garbage... smh.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 13, 2012 at 9:30 AM

If I were a free range parent this could happen and I'd count it as lesson learned. No big harm and the kid deserved it. All apologized. 

Since I'm not, this would never happen. 

Either way, the mom is the guardian to the kid and responsible for him so it's her choice. Her family needs to MYOB out of it. 

NoahandEliza
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 9:31 AM
It doesn't sound like the man is making a habit of randomly hitting innocent kids, so I would let it go. I don't think he needs to be put in jail because he reacted poorly to my kid being a little shit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Refurbished
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Let it go.  I'd worry about what message it would send to my child if I pressed charges after he provoked the incident in the first place. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)