Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Heard this on the radio. How would you have reacted?

Posted by   + Show Post
Mom says her 10 year old son came home crying saying a neighbor slapped him across the back.

The kid had been ding dong ditching and the neighbor caught him and slapped him and yelled at him.

Mom made the kid go over to the mans house and apologize and the man apologized to the kid and his mom and said he lost his temper and was upset because that wasn't the first time he had been pranks.

Mom is ok with letting the incident go but her family wants her to press charges.

Wwyd in her shoes?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:28 AM
Replies (31-40):
rosaleeandtwo
by Gold Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 9:32 AM
This. I would let the neighbor know in no uncertain terms that I am my child's parent and physical discipline is my call.

And then I would give my kid hell for putting us all in that situation to begin with.

Quoting GLO682:

an adult should be able to control his temper enough to not put his hands on someone else's child. the kid is 10, of course he is going to do stupid things. the neighbor should have either called the police to scare the child or phoned the parent. i dont know about pressing charges, but that neighbor would know never to put his hands on my kid ever again. period.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aMarieT
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 9:34 AM

I would ground my kid for at least a month, shake the neighbors hand and apologize to him for having such a punk for a kid, and let it go

the kid got what he deserved

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 9:35 AM
I'd let it go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cherrywaves21
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 9:35 AM
This.

Kids do these kinda of things but it sounds like this man has been pranked one to many times.

Quoting alwayskk:

Since the neighbor apologized, I would let it go. Then I would discipline my son.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesAndNicksMom
by Platinum Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Ignore the family.  Poor neighbor.

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Sep. 13, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I don't know if i would let it go so easily. i don't hit my kid and would be furious if someone else took that upon themselves. i do think its a little harsh to press formal charges... The only think I do know is that my son would be grounded. 

CDMelty
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 9:46 AM

The kid learned a lesson. I wouldn't press charges. Now, if the kid was innocent, or the guy slapped him on the face, I'd feel differently. But hey kid, don't prank people. Especially not with such an irritating prank.

Heatherahh
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 9:48 AM
I agree

Quoting alwayskk:

Since the neighbor apologized, I would let it go. Then I would discipline my son.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Heatherahh
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 9:48 AM
Are you from Minnesota? I heard the same story
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Sep. 13, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Sorry, I think the kid deserved it.  What the hell was he doing DDD for to begin with? It's disrespectful, not to mention annoying to the neighbors.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)