Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Heard this on the radio. How would you have reacted?

Posted by   + Show Post
Mom says her 10 year old son came home crying saying a neighbor slapped him across the back.

The kid had been ding dong ditching and the neighbor caught him and slapped him and yelled at him.

Mom made the kid go over to the mans house and apologize and the man apologized to the kid and his mom and said he lost his temper and was upset because that wasn't the first time he had been pranks.

Mom is ok with letting the incident go but her family wants her to press charges.

Wwyd in her shoes?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:28 AM
Replies (41-50):
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this
No Houston Texas. It supposedly happened here in a suburb of Houston.

Was it a country station?

Quoting Heatherahh:

Are you from Minnesota? I heard the same story
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zianneaaliyah
by 4ever LMFAO on Sep. 13, 2012 at 9:53 AM

I'd take it as a lesson learned and hopefully my child understands you can't just play with other people and expect to get away with it.  Luckily he didn't kill him for trespassing on his property. 

MissMia22
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 9:53 AM

I would have made my son apologize and do chores foor the old man but I also would have called the police as well because NO ONE lays a hand on my child when we really don't even spank! hell no! But I would like to think that my son would not be so stupid either :/

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 13, 2012 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd let it go. My kids fuck with someone shit, I expect them to have to deal with the consequences!

soulawakening82
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 9:55 AM
I wouldn't press charges, but I would NOT be happy that he disciplined my child! The kid was just doing a normal kid thing! I always just laugh it off when I get ding dong ditched. It's dumb to get mad over it, even if it was a daily thing! Come on, they are kids! If it was habitual though, I admit I would talk to the parents, but not to get the kid in trouble, just to have the parents explain that it's only funny the first few times, then it becomes annoying. But I also don't think a kid would do it every single day, because after a few days, it probably wouldn't be fun for them anymore either! So, the neighbor way overreacted!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomma06
by Platinum Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 9:56 AM
This.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lesson learned for the kid. Then further discipline for the child for being a shithead.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:02 AM
My kids being a brat and an other adult hits him, when he gets home he gets 2nds. Where I live
Ding dong ditch was a no go cause my brother and his friends did it when they were little and an old lady fell and broke her hip trying to get to the door. Not so funny anymore so it's the sorta thing that got you a smack around here.
Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting zianneaaliyah:

I'd take it as a lesson learned and hopefully my child understands you can't just play with other people and expect to get away with it.  Luckily he didn't kill him for trespassing on his property. 

Kids need to learn other people might not even react "normal" to situations. Here you get shot for honking at someone. People do act crazy and get out of their cars and walk over to yours. You never know who you're dealing with. Or a kid joke like a prank at school, that kid might bring a gun to school one day. You don't want to be the one they remember.
~*~*~ Because food will never taste as good as skinny feels~*~*~
~*~*~One bad meal can't make you fat. Nor can one healthy meal make you skinny~*~*~
uvallekm
by Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:12 AM

THAT IS COMPLETE BULLSHIT! I WOULDNT LET IT GO I WOULD PRESS CHARGES! THERE IS A DIFFERENCE HERE, THESE ARE KIDS BEING KIDS, NOW WHAT SHE DID WAS WRONG! SHE IS A GROWN AS ADULT, IF SOMEONE PUT THEIR HANDS ON MY CHILD OVER SOMETHING AS STUPID AS  THAT I WOULD BE IN JAIL AND SHE WOULD BE HURT!!! I DONT EVEN LET MY FAMILY PUT THEIR HANDS ON MY KIDS AND FOR A NEIGHBOR TO THINK THAT SHE CAN!!!! ABSOLUTLY NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!

Heatherahh
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:14 AM
Yes, it was

Quoting Roxygurl:

No Houston Texas. It supposedly happened here in a suburb of Houston.

Was it a country station?

Quoting Heatherahh:

Are you from Minnesota? I heard the same story

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)