Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you aren't going to breastfeed..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Then pay for your own formula! If you can't bf for a real medical reason, then this isn't directed towards you. If you are simply just choosing to not bf because you don't feel like it, don't want to get saggy boobs (which isn't caused by bf anyway), don't want to be tied down, etc, then pay for your OWN formula. Why choose not to bf when you're perfectly capable to for free, and choose to go get WIC and have them provide you with formula? It costs the government millions every year. If you CHOOSE not to nurse, fine, but be prepared to provide for own child then, because you're choosing to opt out of the free option!
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 13, 2012 at 9:52 PM
Replies (21-30):
AquarianPath
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:01 PM
I honestly truly wish I could've breastfed my babies. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:01 PM

tongue ties can be clipped. My son had a tongue tie and we nursed for two years on his own demand after it was clipped.  Poor excuse.

Quoting destiny2nv:

please .. . my DS was so tongue tied. after months of trying to Bf I switched to FF ON WIC. We were both much happier. what's wrong with that ?

girlcarrot
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:02 PM

100% AGREE!!

BabyFruit Ticker
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Nope.
Nada.
Not one bit.

Could give a fuck less what a stranger on the internet says I should or should not be doing.
louzannalady
by Gold Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:04 PM
I was being a smart-alec! ; )

Quoting BekkieBoodle:

No. The horse doesn't say anything. It's dead. Lol

Quoting louzannalady:

"Naaayyyy!", says the dead horse.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:05 PM
5 moms liked this

Because some people have to go back to work by 8-12wks and can't past that point.  It usually has NOTHING to do with being lazy or a moocher. 

Some people just can't handle the demands physically and mentally.

You are not so high and mighty and perfect that you have any right to judge anyone for anything. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:05 PM
This post isn't about you then. Read more carefully. I'm talking about people who just didn't feel like it.

Quoting heythereelizah:

Because I don't fucking want to, that's why. I rather not deal With the postpartum depression it caused. Breastfeeding isn't great for everyone. Not everyone bonds doing it. It made me resent my daughter and I feel so bad that i let people bully me into doing it with my first. I was so miserable with her. I wish I had stood up for myself like I did with my new baby and formula fed the way I wanted to. I'm so much closer with her.

kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:06 PM
She's meaning don't expect someone else to pay for your choice.

Quoting CheesyKitty:

Hey guess what, it's free for them! Wow that's killed your logic pretty quick. Free or free? Hmm shut up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:06 PM
Nothing. She said medical reasons excluded.

Quoting destiny2nv:

please .. . my DS was so tongue tied. after months of trying to Bf I switched to FF ON WIC. We were both much happier. what's wrong with that ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:07 PM
Oh piss off. I'll use wic if I want to and can qualify for it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN