Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you aren't going to breastfeed..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Then pay for your own formula! If you can't bf for a real medical reason, then this isn't directed towards you. If you are simply just choosing to not bf because you don't feel like it, don't want to get saggy boobs (which isn't caused by bf anyway), don't want to be tied down, etc, then pay for your OWN formula. Why choose not to bf when you're perfectly capable to for free, and choose to go get WIC and have them provide you with formula? It costs the government millions every year. If you CHOOSE not to nurse, fine, but be prepared to provide for own child then, because you're choosing to opt out of the free option!
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 13, 2012 at 9:52 PM
Replies (31-40):
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:07 PM
2 moms liked this
I'll say this slowly...
Shut. The. Hell. Up.

The only people who care are dumbasses who need to feel superior. So do yourself a favor and don't be one of those insecure dumbasses.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rose87
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Quoting Kmary:

I generally can't stand these PA related posts, but this one I do sort of agree with.  I breastfed for a lot of reasons, but the money savings was definitely one of them.  We are comfortably financially, but yeah, I do sort of think that people who are struggling financially and relying on PA should try to bf because it is free (obviously excluding medical issues, etc).  It seems perfectly logical to me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:07 PM
It isn't. She just doesn't want to pay for it

Quoting LucyMom08:

Who cares? Why is it such a big deal how a random stranger feeds her child?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM
I had no support. None. Not at home. Not from LLL. NONE. ZERO.
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Sometimes you can't if you don't have the support.  Also if you are new at it and the baby has not nursed and gone straight to a bottle.  Sometimes you can't get them back on the breast without an exorbant amount of effort and usually tears and frustration by baby and mom.  Usually to the point you feel like you are torturing your baby.  Sometimes at this point formula is the best option, but nice of you to judge.

Quoting Anonymous:

tongue ties can be clipped. My son had a tongue tie and we nursed for two years on his own demand after it was clipped.  Poor excuse.

Quoting destiny2nv:

please .. . my DS was so tongue tied. after months of trying to Bf I switched to FF ON WIC. We were both much happier. what's wrong with that ?

UgtaBkdnMe
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I think WIC should push BFing.

CheesyKitty
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM
Welcome to America.

Quoting kitty8199:

She's meaning don't expect someone else to pay for your choice.

Quoting CheesyKitty:

Hey guess what, it's free for them! Wow that's killed your logic pretty quick. Free or free? Hmm shut up.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM
You didn't read the post did you

Quoting heythereelizah:

Because I don't fucking want to, that's why. I rather not deal With the postpartum depression it caused. Breastfeeding isn't great for everyone. Not everyone bonds doing it. It made me resent my daughter and I feel so bad that i let people bully me into doing it with my first. I was so miserable with her. I wish I had stood up for myself like I did with my new baby and formula fed the way I wanted to. I'm so much closer with her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM
When my first child was born she weighed 1lb 12oz, way to small to breast feed. I pumped for a few months and since I was on wic during my pregnancy, they gave me formula. I didn't even get to hold my child until she was over a month old because she was so small. If she was to small to hold, how the
*fuck* could I have nursed her?
ltmana
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM
Omg. This post happens every few weeks. Find something new to be "controversial" about.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN