Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Obama is to blame for high abortion rates

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 8:25 AM
  • 39 Replies
1 mom liked this

I cannot believe the stuff I read sometimes.

People actually want to blame Obama for the high rate of abortions among black women and minorities AND think that if Romney is elected that the rates will drop. But uhm, there's a few issues with that logic. The rate of abortion among minorities has been steadily climbing for years.. years before Obama took office. Now, to address the rates dropping, yes, they may drop if Romney takes office BUT I foresee a large amount of illegal abortions being performed, women losing their lives, more people taking advantage of the welfare system (food stamps, cash assistance etc) as well as more children being born to mothers who did not want them, do not love them, neglect them and might possibly hurt them. Our systems are already filled with so many children, it is insane. The system can barely keep track of the children they have now.. imagine the surplus they'll experience if abortion is outlawed! Now, I am not pro-abortion by a long shot BUT I cannot tell a woman what to do with her uterus because it is against MY religious views and Romney should not have that right either. We cannot force individuals to live up to our standards because they are just that: OUR STANDARDS. Not theirs.

Now, did anyone ever think that the abortion rate has increased because of the (OBVIOUS) downfall of our society? Look at the influences that men and women have in today's society! Their role models use drugs, sleep with multiple partners, dress so scantly and yet - they're wonderful role models. Men are taught to call women whores, sluts, bitches and worse - but that is ok. Women are taught to dress in revealing clothing, sleep with whoever they want because "it's ok" and "it's normal" and then.. when the woman gets pregnant.. where's the man? Oh. That's right. He's the first one to say, "That ain't my problem!" or claim it isn't his child.. that is if she can keep track of who she slept with to know who the father may be. (This is for ALL races, by the way.)

As far as clothing goes.. I think our great grandparents would be rolling over in their graves in they saw half the items that women, teens and LITTLE GIRLS wear today. For example, padded bras for 7 years old, string bikinis for little girls, see through shirts, shorts where the butt hangs out them, shirts with saying that glorify sex and diminish the importance of education and worse. 

I am thoroughly disappointed that people are so quick to blame ONE person for over 2 decades of societal decay.. Our societal decay is due to the decay of morals and values that are seen in this country. 

OK. I had to get that out. Sorry.

http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_induced_abortion.html/

*it seems I stand corrected... abortion rates have been DROPPING!!!!!*

by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 14, 2012 at 8:31 AM
I saw an ad the other day for padded bras for toddlers. I had to read it three or four times to make sure I saw it correctly.

Kind of off topic but your post reminded me of that. I think our societies norms and culture suck right now but I just change it for my family. No comment on minorities or abortion since I dont know enough about it to make an educated remark.
Rose87
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 8:32 AM

I agree. Our society, as a whole, has pretty much gone done proverbial shit hole!

Quoting Anonymous:

I saw an ad the other day for padded bras for toddlers. I had to read it three or four times to make sure I saw it correctly.

Kind of off topic but your post reminded me of that. I think our societies norms and culture suck right now but I just change it for my family. No comment on minorities or abortion since I dont know enough about it to make an educated remark.

RelaxedMom2-3
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 8:34 AM

I blame him for alot of crap. Abortion rates not on that list though.

JDmommyJD
by ♥Awesome Sauce♥ on Sep. 14, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Anyone else want an omelet right now?

Rose87
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 8:37 AM

Omg! I do!! Veggie omelet, please!!!

Quoting JDmommyJD:

PeaceLoveZ
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 8:39 AM
Ppl always just need something to bitch about. & place blame for stupid shit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JDmommyJD
by ♥Awesome Sauce♥ on Sep. 14, 2012 at 8:46 AM

I like ham, mushrooms (fresh), green peppers and onions.. Oh and LOTS of cheese!

Quoting Rose87:

Quoting JDmommyJD:

♥Life's not always about trying to push through the storm, its about learning to dance in the rain!

Rose87
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 9:28 AM
I like turkey, green peppers, onions and cheese...
But I suck as making omelets.
But, thanks to you, the kids and I had eggs over easy with wheat toast!

Quoting JDmommyJD:

I like ham, mushrooms (fresh), green peppers and onions.. Oh and LOTS of cheese!

Quoting Rose87:

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 14, 2012 at 9:31 AM
What a dumb post. Way to mash the crap out of the actual facts and mix it with a bunch of made up shit.
Rose87
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 9:33 AM
What's made up?

Quoting Anonymous:

What a dumb post. Way to mash the crap out of the actual facts and mix it with a bunch of made up shit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)