Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Obama is to blame for high abortion rates

Posted by   + Show Post

I cannot believe the stuff I read sometimes.

People actually want to blame Obama for the high rate of abortions among black women and minorities AND think that if Romney is elected that the rates will drop. But uhm, there's a few issues with that logic. The rate of abortion among minorities has been steadily climbing for years.. years before Obama took office. Now, to address the rates dropping, yes, they may drop if Romney takes office BUT I foresee a large amount of illegal abortions being performed, women losing their lives, more people taking advantage of the welfare system (food stamps, cash assistance etc) as well as more children being born to mothers who did not want them, do not love them, neglect them and might possibly hurt them. Our systems are already filled with so many children, it is insane. The system can barely keep track of the children they have now.. imagine the surplus they'll experience if abortion is outlawed! Now, I am not pro-abortion by a long shot BUT I cannot tell a woman what to do with her uterus because it is against MY religious views and Romney should not have that right either. We cannot force individuals to live up to our standards because they are just that: OUR STANDARDS. Not theirs.

Now, did anyone ever think that the abortion rate has increased because of the (OBVIOUS) downfall of our society? Look at the influences that men and women have in today's society! Their role models use drugs, sleep with multiple partners, dress so scantly and yet - they're wonderful role models. Men are taught to call women whores, sluts, bitches and worse - but that is ok. Women are taught to dress in revealing clothing, sleep with whoever they want because "it's ok" and "it's normal" and then.. when the woman gets pregnant.. where's the man? Oh. That's right. He's the first one to say, "That ain't my problem!" or claim it isn't his child.. that is if she can keep track of who she slept with to know who the father may be. (This is for ALL races, by the way.)

As far as clothing goes.. I think our great grandparents would be rolling over in their graves in they saw half the items that women, teens and LITTLE GIRLS wear today. For example, padded bras for 7 years old, string bikinis for little girls, see through shirts, shorts where the butt hangs out them, shirts with saying that glorify sex and diminish the importance of education and worse. 

I am thoroughly disappointed that people are so quick to blame ONE person for over 2 decades of societal decay.. Our societal decay is due to the decay of morals and values that are seen in this country. 

OK. I had to get that out. Sorry.

http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_induced_abortion.html/

*it seems I stand corrected... abortion rates have been DROPPING!!!!!*

by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 8:25 AM
Replies (11-20):
JDmommyJD
by ♥Awesome Sauce♥ on Sep. 14, 2012 at 9:47 AM

LOL! I made my own self hungry.. I made a lazy omelet tho.. Scrambeled 2 eggs and threw in some mushrooms and green peppers.. Topped with a slice of cheese on my plate... (Im also eating it with cholula hot sauce)

Quoting Rose87:

I like turkey, green peppers, onions and cheese...
But I suck as making omelets.
But, thanks to you, the kids and I had eggs over easy with wheat toast!

Quoting JDmommyJD:

I like ham, mushrooms (fresh), green peppers and onions.. Oh and LOTS of cheese!

Quoting Rose87:

Omg! I do!! Veggie omelet, please!!!

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Anyone else want an omelet right now?

♥Life's not always about trying to push through the storm, its about learning to dance in the rain!

Rose87
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Spicy stuff gives me contractions so my doctor has told me I am forbidden from eating it. LOL 
I have been craving spicy foods for AWHILE... *sigh*
Was it yummy? The kids loved their breakfast! I put jelly on their toast and I ate mine dry.. I like to dip it into the yolk after I top my eggs with ketchup. YUM!!!! 

Quoting JDmommyJD:

LOL! I made my own self hungry.. I made a lazy omelet tho.. Scrambeled 2 eggs and threw in some mushrooms and green peppers.. Topped with a slice of cheese on my plate... (Im also eating it with cholula hot sauce)

Quoting Rose87:

Quoting JDmommyJD:

I like ham, mushrooms (fresh), green peppers and onions.. Oh and LOTS of cheese!

Quoting Rose87:

Quoting JDmommyJD:

JDmommyJD
by ♥Awesome Sauce♥ on Sep. 14, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Definetly delish.. Bummer on the spicy...That would be a hard thing to give up! Although My last pregnancy I got gestational diabetes so I had to give up alot :( And ew to the ketchup! LOL, I dont like ketchup very much, never have

Quoting Rose87:

Spicy stuff gives me contractions so my doctor has told me I am forbidden from eating it. LOL 
Was it yummy? The kids loved their breakfast! I put jelly on their toast and I ate mine dry.. I like to dip it into the yolk after I top my eggs with ketchup. YUM!!!! 

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Quoting Rose87:

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Quoting Rose87:

Quoting JDmommyJD:

♥Life's not always about trying to push through the storm, its about learning to dance in the rain!

Rose87
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I looooove ketchup on my eggs. I always have!! Especially when it is mixed with the yolk and on some bread!! 

MMMMMMMMHMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Yea, giving up spicy food DOES suck... dh teases me by eating jalapeno slices ..... douche! LOL

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Definetly delish.. Bummer on the spicy...That would be a hard thing to give up! Although My last pregnancy I got gestational diabetes so I had to give up alot :( And ew to the ketchup! LOL, I dont like ketchup very much, never have

Quoting Rose87:

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Quoting Rose87:

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Quoting Rose87:

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 14, 2012 at 9:58 AM
Hate typing on this damn Nook (free advice , do not buy one )

So mostly the first paragraph (which i couldnt get past ) i mean cause illegal abortions , surplus children ...

Quoting Rose87:

What's made up?

Quoting Anonymous:

What a dumb post. Way to mash the crap out of the actual facts and mix it with a bunch of made up shit.
Rose87
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Well, from my understanding, Romney wants to entirely outlaw abortions. If this is the case, and he succeeds.. women would find ways to get an abortion performed, trust me. They did it back in the 60s and 70s, didn't they?

And if women cannot get one done, there will be a surplus of children who are neglected and possibly taken away from their families, being placed into foster care (which is already stretched to it's limit)

I wasn't making anything up

Quoting Anonymous:

So mostly the first paragraph (which i couldnt get past ) i mean cause illegal abortions , surplus children ...

Quoting Rose87:

What's made up?

Quoting Anonymous:

What a dumb post. Way to mash the crap out of the actual facts and mix it with a bunch of made up shit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Hes not going to b able to outlaw abortion in every state . No fricken way. Plus theres the morning after pill etc also unwanted NEWBORN BABIES get adopted , usually privately and dont add to fostercare warehouses even if thy go to foster care infants get adopted.

I dont want romney either , i am also pro choice.

Quoting Rose87:

Well, from my understanding, Romney wants to entirely outlaw abortions. If this is the case, and he succeeds.. women would find ways to get an abortion performed, trust me. They did it back in the 60s and 70s, didn't they?

And if women cannot get one done, there will be a surplus of children who are neglected and possibly taken away from their families, being placed into foster care (which is already stretched to it's limit)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Rose87:

What's made up?

Quoting Anonymous:

Rose87
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:12 AM

But how many people can AFFORD to adopt?
How many people adopt of their race?
According to the other post I read this morning, minorities (the post named black women specifically) are the ones getting the most abortions. So let's say he DID get it outlawed... the women had the children and put them up for adoption... Who would adopt them? I remember a post awhile back asking women on here if they would ever adopt out of their race and the numbers saying "NO" were pretty damn high 

Quoting Anonymous:

Hes not going to b able to outlaw abortion in every state . No fricken way. Plus theres the morning after pill etc also unwanted NEWBORN BABIES get adopted , usually privately and dont add to fostercare warehouses even if thy go to foster care infants get adopted.

Quoting Rose87:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Rose87:

What's made up?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:19 AM
The list of people waiting to adopt an infant is longer then the list of available babies. Adopting out of the system is very inexpensive but currently most children available through the ystem rare not babies. All sms kind of a non issue anyway since he wont be able to make abortion illegal anyway. I also cant imagine him being elected although i suppose its possible. Wish i could dicuss it more with you (beat the stupid egg talk) but i really cant handle this damn nook , maybe when i can get to the lap top.

Quoting Rose87:

According to the other post I read this morning, minorities (the post named black women specifically) are the ones getting the most abortions. So let's say he DID get it outlawed... the women had the children and put them up for adoption... Who would adopt them? I remember a post awhile back asking women on here if they would ever adopt out of their race and the numbers saying "NO" were pretty damn high 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Rose87:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Rose87:

What's made up?

Quoting Anonymous:

Rose87
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:22 AM

LOL No problem! I am here :oP

Quoting Anonymous:

The list of people waiting to adopt an infant is longer then the list of available babies. Adopting out of the system is very inexpensive but currently most children available through the ystem rare not babies. All sms kind of a non issue anyway since he wont be able to make abortion illegal anyway. I also cant imagine him being elected although i suppose its possible. Wish i could dicuss it more with you (beat the stupid egg talk) but i really cant handle this damn nook , maybe when i can get to the lap top.

Quoting Rose87:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Rose87:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Rose87:

What's made up?

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)