Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Obama is to blame for high abortion rates

Posted by   + Show Post

I cannot believe the stuff I read sometimes.

People actually want to blame Obama for the high rate of abortions among black women and minorities AND think that if Romney is elected that the rates will drop. But uhm, there's a few issues with that logic. The rate of abortion among minorities has been steadily climbing for years.. years before Obama took office. Now, to address the rates dropping, yes, they may drop if Romney takes office BUT I foresee a large amount of illegal abortions being performed, women losing their lives, more people taking advantage of the welfare system (food stamps, cash assistance etc) as well as more children being born to mothers who did not want them, do not love them, neglect them and might possibly hurt them. Our systems are already filled with so many children, it is insane. The system can barely keep track of the children they have now.. imagine the surplus they'll experience if abortion is outlawed! Now, I am not pro-abortion by a long shot BUT I cannot tell a woman what to do with her uterus because it is against MY religious views and Romney should not have that right either. We cannot force individuals to live up to our standards because they are just that: OUR STANDARDS. Not theirs.

Now, did anyone ever think that the abortion rate has increased because of the (OBVIOUS) downfall of our society? Look at the influences that men and women have in today's society! Their role models use drugs, sleep with multiple partners, dress so scantly and yet - they're wonderful role models. Men are taught to call women whores, sluts, bitches and worse - but that is ok. Women are taught to dress in revealing clothing, sleep with whoever they want because "it's ok" and "it's normal" and then.. when the woman gets pregnant.. where's the man? Oh. That's right. He's the first one to say, "That ain't my problem!" or claim it isn't his child.. that is if she can keep track of who she slept with to know who the father may be. (This is for ALL races, by the way.)

As far as clothing goes.. I think our great grandparents would be rolling over in their graves in they saw half the items that women, teens and LITTLE GIRLS wear today. For example, padded bras for 7 years old, string bikinis for little girls, see through shirts, shorts where the butt hangs out them, shirts with saying that glorify sex and diminish the importance of education and worse. 

I am thoroughly disappointed that people are so quick to blame ONE person for over 2 decades of societal decay.. Our societal decay is due to the decay of morals and values that are seen in this country. 

OK. I had to get that out. Sorry.

http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_induced_abortion.html/

*it seems I stand corrected... abortion rates have been DROPPING!!!!!*

by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 8:25 AM
Replies (21-30):
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Abortion rates are increasing because we have made it harder for teens and poor women to get birth control.  Not to mention the Bush years with the absinance only education - that really helped. <sarcasm>

Rose87
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:24 AM
2 moms liked this

Per the latest census from 2011, the rates have dropped.
Now, I am not saying I dont believe more women are getting them... just stating what the information I found said.
Bush was and is an idiot. Abstinence doesn't work when every other motivating factor children and teens have in their life (tv shows, games, music, actors/actresses) glorify sex, drug usage, etc 

Quoting Not_A_Native:

Abortion rates are increasing because we have made it harder for teens and poor women to get birth control.  Not to mention the Bush years with the absinance only education - that really helped.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Some people are idiots. Obama being pro-choice has nothing to do with abortion rates. Women and men not being careful and using protection is making the abortion rate go up. Plus, there are honestly some people out there that get pregnant over and over again just to abort. One excuse I heard (while at a pp) is that she can't afford bc that's why she's having two surgical abortions within 3 months. Some people are idiots and they affect the rates. This lady also stated she's had 6 kids and it would be abortion #6, she is surely not the only one.

I'm pro choice btw, I just think you should do all you can to avoid abortion. The cost of one abortion can cover more than a years worth of birth control.
T-HoneyLuv
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes, blame Obama. * Fucking EYEROLL *
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:34 AM
3 moms liked this
Romney will be to blame for sending us back to women's suffrage.
GinaBabyfacee
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this
God I went to the clinic last week for my birth control, more than fifty were there for the abortion pill. Then since Tonya Rease died in July this yr from a medial abortion, clinic is being targeted (too much back and forth to actually know what's the truth), they are all going ape shit protesting again. I really don't feel like this is 2013. Next I'll have to start asking for permission to use to the potty again )0: this world is becoming a shit hole. /0:
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
birthymom4
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:36 AM

I think most people believe the president has the magic ability to just make Abortion Illegal.

THEY DO NOT PEOPLE...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:38 AM
2 moms liked this
Its his fault ...everything is. I stubbed my toe this.morning. completely his fault. Oh and my football team lost Sunday because of Obama too.

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

Yes, blame Obama. * Fucking EYEROLL *
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:40 AM
Yup. Any president is merely a.figurehead. they need Congress approval for anything and everything. No president can change a law by waving a wand!

Quoting birthymom4:

I think most people believe the president has the magic ability to just make Abortion Illegal.

THEY DO NOT PEOPLE...

Rose87
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:41 AM
Agreed.
But people fail to accept responsibility for the shit hole this country is becoming. They'd rather blame everyone else.

Quoting wkukid:

Romney will be to blame for sending us back to women's suffrage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)