Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Obama is to blame for high abortion rates

Posted by   + Show Post

I cannot believe the stuff I read sometimes.

People actually want to blame Obama for the high rate of abortions among black women and minorities AND think that if Romney is elected that the rates will drop. But uhm, there's a few issues with that logic. The rate of abortion among minorities has been steadily climbing for years.. years before Obama took office. Now, to address the rates dropping, yes, they may drop if Romney takes office BUT I foresee a large amount of illegal abortions being performed, women losing their lives, more people taking advantage of the welfare system (food stamps, cash assistance etc) as well as more children being born to mothers who did not want them, do not love them, neglect them and might possibly hurt them. Our systems are already filled with so many children, it is insane. The system can barely keep track of the children they have now.. imagine the surplus they'll experience if abortion is outlawed! Now, I am not pro-abortion by a long shot BUT I cannot tell a woman what to do with her uterus because it is against MY religious views and Romney should not have that right either. We cannot force individuals to live up to our standards because they are just that: OUR STANDARDS. Not theirs.

Now, did anyone ever think that the abortion rate has increased because of the (OBVIOUS) downfall of our society? Look at the influences that men and women have in today's society! Their role models use drugs, sleep with multiple partners, dress so scantly and yet - they're wonderful role models. Men are taught to call women whores, sluts, bitches and worse - but that is ok. Women are taught to dress in revealing clothing, sleep with whoever they want because "it's ok" and "it's normal" and then.. when the woman gets pregnant.. where's the man? Oh. That's right. He's the first one to say, "That ain't my problem!" or claim it isn't his child.. that is if she can keep track of who she slept with to know who the father may be. (This is for ALL races, by the way.)

As far as clothing goes.. I think our great grandparents would be rolling over in their graves in they saw half the items that women, teens and LITTLE GIRLS wear today. For example, padded bras for 7 years old, string bikinis for little girls, see through shirts, shorts where the butt hangs out them, shirts with saying that glorify sex and diminish the importance of education and worse. 

I am thoroughly disappointed that people are so quick to blame ONE person for over 2 decades of societal decay.. Our societal decay is due to the decay of morals and values that are seen in this country. 

OK. I had to get that out. Sorry.

http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_induced_abortion.html/

*it seems I stand corrected... abortion rates have been DROPPING!!!!!*

by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 8:25 AM
Replies (31-39):
T-HoneyLuv
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol!! Sad, isn't it!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Its his fault ...everything is. I stubbed my toe this.morning. completely his fault. Oh and my football team lost Sunday because of Obama too.

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

Yes, blame Obama. * Fucking EYEROLL *

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

okay got the lap top ;

Quoting Rose87:

I cannot believe the stuff I read sometimes.

People actually want to blame Obama for the high rate of abortions among black women and minorities AND think that if Romney is elected that the rates will drop. But uhm, there's a few issues with that logic. The rate of abortion among minorities has been steadily climbing for years.(its actually gone down , but not a ton ) . years before Obama took office. Now, to address the rates dropping, yes, they may drop if Romney takes office ( hes not going to be ab;e to make it illegal , sorry , just not gonna happen ) BUT I foresee a large amount of illegal abortions being performed,) losing their lives(Moot ) more people taking advantage of the welfare system (food stamps, cash assistance etc)( But he's also threatening those systems  ie tanf , food stamps etc...- but  yeah if he was able to make abortion illegal and these programs were available then they would be over run )

as well as more children being born to mothers who did not want them,, but do not love them, neglect them and might possibly hurt them. Our systems are already filled with so many children, it is insane. The system can barely keep track of the children they have now.. (agreed - but the system wouldn't necessarily be over run since private adoption is available and babies are wanted but adoptees . most kids in foster care are not babies) imagine the surplus they'll experience if abortion is outlawed!(don't see that happening . Most people don't even want that to happen) Now, I am not pro-abortion ( no-ones "pro abortion " ) by a long shot BUT I cannot tell a woman what to do with her uterus because it is against MY religious views and Romney should not have that right either. We cannot force individuals to live up to our standards because they are just that: OUR STANDARDS. Not theirs.

Now, did anyone ever think that the abortion rate has increased because of the (OBVIOUS) downfall of our society? Look at the influences that men and women have in today's society! Their role models use drugs, sleep with multiple partners, dress so scantly and yet - they're wonderful role models.( who says ? As a parent I have the responsibility to help mold my children , it's not the TV's job. Perhaps a better guess at whats responsible for abortion rate would be the increase in population coupled with the stupid idea to teach only abstinence ..) Men are taught to call women whores, sluts, bitches and worse - but that is ok.( we live in a patriarchal society and have since it was founded , this isn't new ..if anything it's better , after all there was a time when having a uterus meant you couldn't vote or own property.)  Women are taught to dress in revealing clothing,( I don't teach my children to do any such thing and neither do my friends , sure some people may have a different idea about whats acceptable attire but I don't believe this has changed a ton either) sleep with whoever they want because "it's ok" and "it's normal" and then.(PLEASE read "The purity Myth ...I can't cover this much info. LOL) . when the woman gets pregnant.. where's the man? Oh. That's right. He's the first one to say, "That ain't my problem!" or claim it isn't his child.. that is if she can keep track of who she slept with to know who the father may be. (This is for ALL races, by the way.) ( MOST females do know who the father is and again the media etc are not responsible for raising young men , out generation is , we are the parents. The US does it's best to hold young men responsible for the children they help create but there is only so much that system can do . )

As far as clothing goes.. I think our great grandparents would be rolling over in their graves in they saw half the items that women, teens and LITTLE GIRLS wear today. For example, padded bras for 7 years old, string bikinis for little girls, see through shirts, shorts where the butt hangs out them, shirts with saying that glorify sex and diminish the importance of education and worse. ( again PURITY MYTH PLEASE , parents still have a right to set the example and standards for their children . )

I am thoroughly disappointed that people are so quick to blame ONE person for over 2 decades of societal decay.. Our societal decay is due to the decay of morals and values that are seen in this country. ( Society decay ? That's pretty broad and although I wouldn't blame it on one president I also wouldn't over simplify it by blaming it on a lack of morals. )

OK. I had to get that out. Sorry.

http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_induced_abortion.html/

*it seems I stand corrected... abortion rates have been DROPPING!!!!!*

KailesMommy
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree fully!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Sep. 14, 2012 at 1:51 PM
Quoting Rose87:

Yea the abortion thing is silly.
Rose87
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 1:56 PM
They have to find SOMETHING to bash him with! Lies or not

Quoting wkukid:

Quoting Rose87:

Yea the abortion thing is silly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Sep. 14, 2012 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Rose87:

You musta missed the other post. They got bored with this topic and decided he was a Muslim and they should bash that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 14, 2012 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry but the one people to blame are the women who get them done not that guy he isn't pointing a gun to their heads and forcing them to kill their unborn babies . To each their own . I'm pro life but I won't go around agreeing and disagreeing with peoples' opinions and/actions I'm not the one who can't sleep well at night !
ZsMommy
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Quote from OP:

I am thoroughly disappointed that people are so quick to blame ONE person for over 2 decades of societal decay.. Our societal decay is due to the decay of morals and values that are seen in this country.

I totally and thouroughly agree with you.

Rose87
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 4:04 PM
Yey!! LOL

Quoting ZsMommy:

Quote from OP:

I am thoroughly disappointed that people are so quick to blame ONE
person for over 2 decades of societal decay.. Our societal decay is due
to the decay of morals and values that are seen in this country.

I totally and thouroughly agree with you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN