Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

just a tad ridiculous...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

MIL is taking the kids this morning and I asked her if she could run me to work too (its about 10 minutes out of her way) 

She said sure, and that she'd be here at eight... I dont have to be to work until nine. She refuses to come any later... 

Beggars can't be choosers but damn! I am not sitting at work for 45 minutes waiting til I can punch in. Luckily DH works across the street, I will just go hang out with him for a bit. 

(reason why I need a ride- I am being trained for mornings and the person making the schedule forgot that I couldnt do mornings on the weekend since we only have one car and DH goes into work super early. She couldnt change the schedule this week but knows I will not be in if she schedules me for a weekend morning after thid)

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 15, 2012 at 7:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 7:49 AM
Thank God for Internet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilfishbigocean
by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 7:50 AM

That sucks...

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Sep. 15, 2012 at 7:56 AM

Beats walking!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 15, 2012 at 8:04 AM
3 moms liked this

You could walk.   MIL is doing you a favor.   It IS a tad ridiculous that you're bitching about it, agreed.

notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 8:04 AM
2 moms liked this

you could've just taken your dh to work..

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 15, 2012 at 8:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Yep.  Amazing what a little planning could do ... 

but then, she'd still be bitching about the hours not matching up exactly and the terrible inconvenience to her that it is to wait.  

of course, many people would put that time to good use.  They could make a to-do list to help themselves get organized, make the grocery list, review their calendar, get in some personal time listening to music, and so forth and so on ... 

others bitch ... 

Quoting notjstasocermom:

blessed107
by Platinum Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 8:10 AM

Of course! Then again that would be another reason to complain.

Quoting notjstasocermom:

lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 8:10 AM

My SO works 15 mins from my job, so I timed my hours on Saturday to match up to his. I drop him off, then go to work. If your DH works right across the street from your job, I don't see why taking him to work, then him coming to get the car from you when it was time to go home is so difficult...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 15, 2012 at 8:11 AM
Just shut up and take the ride.
notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 8:19 AM

true.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yep.  Amazing what a little planning could do ... 

but then, she'd still be bitching about the hours not matching up exactly and the terrible inconvenience to her that it is to wait.  

of course, many people would put that time to good use.  They could make a to-do list to help themselves get organized, make the grocery list, review their calendar, get in some personal time listening to music, and so forth and so on ... 

others bitch ... 

Quoting notjstasocermom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)