Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm being bullied at playgroup

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
By one of the mom's. She thinks she's the president of the group. She's only been going a month. What should I do? My DD loves going but I dread it. She's trying to bully me into doing more at playgroup but i'm super busy at the moment with our house being built. She has even started picking on my DD! I'm a shy person so I really struggle to stick up for myself.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 16, 2012 at 4:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SpicyMommaKitty
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 4:32 AM
Tell her your situation and maybe she will understand. We all have busy times, she should understand.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittanyjenean
by Gold Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 4:33 AM
3 moms liked this
Well, normally I am very calm and level-headed, but God help the individual who messes with my child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Allebas
by Platinum Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 4:33 AM

If you talk to her and let her know your situation, and she's STILL a rude SNOT, I personally, would find a new playgroup. I really doubt this is the 'only' playgroup in your area. Good luck!!

Aleta775
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 4:35 AM

You have to stick up for yourself and say something or she will keep pushing you around. The next time she asks you to do something that you can't do, just say very flatly that you are busy building your house and you will be glad to help another time. Be firm. If and when she says something to your dd, just look at her and ask, "Excuse me? If my dd has done something wrong I will deal with it." Again, be firm.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 16, 2012 at 4:36 AM
Yeah last week I snapped back at her after she made a bitchy comment about DD.

Quoting brittanyjenean:

Well, normally I am very calm and level-headed, but God help the individual who messes with my child.
Aleta775
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 4:37 AM

Good. What did she do then?  

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting brittanyjenean:

brittanyjenean
by Gold Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 4:39 AM
1 mom liked this
You need to be assertive and firm and inform her that you have responsibilities outside of play group to tend to and that if there is ever an issue with your child, you will be the one to handle it. If none of that works, then by all means, proceed to bitch smack her until she gets the point.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting brittanyjenean:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jones_danielle
by Coheedgirl on Sep. 16, 2012 at 4:40 AM

Is there someone who is actually in charge? The person who founded the group? Maybe you can talk to her about what's going on and have her talk with both of you to get everything resolved. Playgroups are supposed to be a fun environment for the kids, not stressful on the parents.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 16, 2012 at 4:41 AM
Just turned away.

Quoting Aleta775:

Good. What did she do then?  

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting brittanyjenean:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 16, 2012 at 4:43 AM
1 mom liked this
There's a VERY simple solution; find a NEW playgroup!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured