Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I've been hanging out with the owner of a local medical marijuana club near my house and she said she needs help with her business. She knows exactly what I'm going through and still wants to give me a shot! I don't want to let her down, though, so I'm not taking a real job from her just yet. I'll be volunteering twice a week in the afternoons after my husband is out of class to learn the different systems in the store, and when I'm comfortable that I can take on the responsibility of an employee I'll get put on a salary! I'm so excited! This is a place where if my anxiety starts acting up I can be honest about it and take care of it instead of bottling it up and then having a breakdown! So great!!

by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 6:08 AM
Replies (21-30):
lalaboosh
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 7:22 AM
1 mom liked this
No, I learned that from sane ppl! Lol!

Quoting alwayskk:

Didn't your mother ever teach you that it's nice to share?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsJHoward
by Gold Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this
I will agree that it is the individual's personal issues that are to blame opposed to the thing that they are addicted to.

Quoting lalaboosh:

Ah, the beauty of opinions! The cool thing about pot is that it's not physically addictive, so you can't blame it for the problems a person is dealing with. Like when I was with my ex fiance, we were like tweakers for pot. We pawned EVERYTHING at one point just to escape from reality. That was straight up abuse, but it happened because of our emotional problems that we were ignoring. I mean, I got addicted to The Princess Diaries in high school, so it's not surprising that something like pot could become such an escape for me. I've grown a lot since then, I hope my ex has, too. Last I heard he was engaged and sober (he's an alcoholic) in Oregon!

Quoting MrsJHoward:

My family is/wear drug abusers of all kinds. So I do have first hand experiance. I get what your saying. I think there are several point of views on this subject that can be considered "right". Kwim?

Quoting lalaboosh:

The only way to abuse pot is to use it to abuse yourself, as in to pretend you don't have problems or feelings. My dad does that, and I did it for a while. When I stopped looking at it like just a party drug and realized what it actually does for me (I have searched for a medication that helps me since I was 11, I'm 27 now and I only started looking at it medicinally a couple of years ago) it took a lot of work for me to change my attitude toward it. So even if a patient smokes a bowl for enjoyment it's not abuse unless it's to cover up feelings and not deal with it, does that make sense? I'm so broke, though. I use it when I NEED it.

Quoting MrsJHoward:

As long as youre using it for the right reasons and not abusing it, I have no issue. I'm glad these places are there for people who need them.

Quoting lalaboosh:

The other cool thing that I didn't mention is that I'll be getting a tiny bit of meds for volunteering and I can medicate as needed for free while I'm there. Such a supportive place. Last time I went in they gave me a $5 pack of hash candy for free. That stuff (hash edibles, not specifically hash candy) is what keeps me from completely losing it. A small amount ingested three times a day reduces my physical pain immensely and makes my brain function beautifully.

Quoting MrsJHoward:

Cool!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalaboosh
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Too excited!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atyou
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Right on, you rainbow loving strawberry eating chick.

Good for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalaboosh
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this
You reminded me to get strawberries before we are stuck with crappy winter ones grown under plastic!

Should I eat them in the bathtub with my clothes on? Loololll!

Quoting atyou:

Good for you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dilateyourmind
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 4:12 PM
1 mom liked this

HELL YEAH!

atyou
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 4:22 PM
Yes.

But only if the cat is watching. ;)

Quoting lalaboosh:

You reminded me to get strawberries before we are stuck with crappy winter ones grown under plastic!

Quoting atyou:

Good for you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalaboosh
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 4:25 PM
That bitch never pays me ANY attention!

Quoting atyou:

Yes.

Quoting lalaboosh:

Quoting atyou:

Good for you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atyou
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 4:29 PM
What a whore.

Quoting lalaboosh:

Quoting atyou:

Yes.

Quoting lalaboosh:

Quoting atyou:

Good for you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalaboosh
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 4:32 PM
She's just mad that I had a baby. Loser!

Quoting atyou:

What a whore.

Quoting lalaboosh:

Quoting atyou:

Yes.

Quoting lalaboosh:

Quoting atyou:

Good for you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)