Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

MIL told me that...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My mother-in-law told me that my 5 mo. old DD kissed her cheek. She also said that she rubbed a soft blanket on her face. She has said that she was sitting in the floor in front of my DD when she was in her Jenny Jump Up. Mil reached out, and said  "come to Gamma" and that DD giggled and took a few steps into her arms. She also said that DD reached out, stroked her face and said "awww".

Im a SAHM and i know my DD doesnt do any of that stuff. I just dont know why MIL would want me to think she does? I think she just wants to make me feel bad. She has already said that DD looks and acts more like her and me.

What does your MIL do that bugs you?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 16, 2012 at 5:21 PM
Replies (81-90):
mommy2annaliese
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I would say "no she didn't. And she is not more like you. She's not your child and not raised by you. Keep your offhand jealous passiveagressive statements to yourself please"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
november117
by Silver Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 6:26 PM
My mil is over all nice but oversteps her boundaries constantly and thinks we are too strict with the kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
young_mommy_2
by Silver Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 7:01 PM
Mine told me that my son woke up screaming "mommy beat me up" and that when she yells at him to stop something that he screams "please don't beat me". She said he says this and he NEVER says anything like that and he's NEVER EVER been beat! I can barly give him time out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ihave1
by Platinum Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Wow, that is so sad.  What she did wasn't right at all, but why let that stop her from seeing her grandkids.   Im not bashing incase you feel that I was. 

Quoting mamadolce:

My Mil after my kids father passed away unexpectedly 8 yrs took all the money that was given to them for and education fund. He died during lent so in lieu of flowers at the church we did the donation thing and needless to say I was out of it with shock at the after funeral dinner that she took all the envelopes .She gave me 200$ one day and 80$ a week later. There was $15,ooo and when I waited to ask her about which bank she deposited in she said there isnt any $ I paid my mortgage & my bills....Needless to say we donot speak nor she does she hardly see her only 2 grandchildren.

rwblake2011
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 7:10 PM
Nothing, but she lives in Ohio & we are in Florida.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamadolce
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 7:21 PM
She does not make the effort to see them its not my doing . Mad as I was or am Id never deprive my kids of their grandmother . I use to have to push my daughter to call her on holidays. It got to the point that I let my kids decide to have make contact or not .My kids are 18 & 13. She knows where we live & our number. And btw my kids father was her ONLY child so I dont understand why she does this life is so short...

Quoting ihave1:

Wow, that is so sad.  What she did wasn't right at all, but why let that stop her from seeing her grandkids.   Im not bashing incase you feel that I was. 

Quoting mamadolce:

My Mil after my kids father passed away unexpectedly 8 yrs took all the money that was given to them for and education fund. He died during lent so in lieu of flowers at the church we did the donation thing and needless to say I was out of it with shock at the after funeral dinner that she took all the envelopes .She gave me 200$ one day and 80$ a week later. There was $15,ooo and when I waited to ask her about which bank she deposited in she said there isnt any $ I paid my mortgage & my bills....Needless to say we donot speak nor she does she hardly see her only 2 grandchildren.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Spfldmomof2
by Kimberly on Sep. 16, 2012 at 8:35 PM
MIL died in 2000, but my mom...WOW! She could take all your MILs and swing them to the moon and back, she is that crazy! Thank God she is living in Florida and not here in new England! Damn it, tho she does have my cell number.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Sep. 16, 2012 at 8:36 PM
Breathes. The fact that she exists bothers me.
cassie19831
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Lol. Shes nutty. I don't have it as bad as some but it sucks. She blames me for the lack of the relationship between her and DH. But shes responsible for that not me.

Quoting Thibmom:

Are you married to my ex? Lol. Seriously, my exMIL said that I was evil and out to take her son away. Um..I was his wife...not a replacement mother. Anywho, I am so thankful I don't have to put up with that psycho anymore!

My new MIL gets very loud...and she's very rude at restaurants (we've only eaten out together maybe twice), but other than that, she minds her own business and doesn't step over any boundaries. She lets us live our own lives

Quoting cassie19831:

She lies. She also called me the devil and had DH's grandma call DH and tell him he should leave me.

vgmz22
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 10:03 AM

LOL! This is sad but everything you described is my actual mother to a T. She swears the kids do things or say things that I know my kids can't do. She even does it in front of me the baby will be babbling and she'll be like "Did you hear that he just said... (insert long sentence here.)" and she'll be serious.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN