Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Oh and this was genius. Mother at the park: said this to her two kids ...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
There's a cafe next to the park and I was heading to the park and the mom was pushing a double stroller into the cafe. She was saying (practically yelling bc everyone was staring lol) that "I'm not using my worlds. I'm going to hit." I'm done using my words you're going to get a spanking now"

That just seems so horrible.

How about if her kids or husband or friend said I'm not using my words, now I'm going to hit you. ????!!!

Does anyone else see this as wrong or am I crazy?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 16, 2012 at 5:22 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 16, 2012 at 5:40 PM

I don't see what the big deal is.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 16, 2012 at 5:41 PM
Well. She made a huge scene yelling. She was waking into a restaurant- It just seems so ridiculous. For one ... If the kids were being so bad for her to yell and say something like that- why not stop and take care of Ben before walkng into the restaurant? She invited all the people to judge her as she yelled and threw a fit going into the restaurant. Which is also an outdoor patio bc everyone was eating and watching in shock.

Quoting singlemom1208:

No telling what those kids were doing.

squeekers
by Platinum Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 5:41 PM

stupid job at parenting

i'm a happy Humanist.
question everything, except your mother.
i dont like to use capital letters.
thehickinhickor
by Platinum Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 5:41 PM

i would have to know what the child was doing how long the mother had being saying something and putting the kid in time out to judge her at least she told the kid i would have just got it lol did anyone think to help the mom with the door or were you all to busy judging her?

Djinn83
by Gold Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 5:42 PM
Oh I know. DD was 19 moths when YDS was born. When I was struggling, people stared at me. But let a man or woman in a business suit drop their briefcase and people are diving to help. They are more important than the women who raise the children who are tomorrows future. My trip to the store for more bon bins before my "stories" come is less meaningful.

Quoting ff-princess:

you would be amazed.  I pushed my two littles in their double stroller for two summers (for a total of about 12 months) and only twice did someone offer to open a door for me.  and we frequently visited dunkin donuts, subway, 7/11, local establishments.  I did have offers for assistance when I was getting on and off the train with them and the stroller, but that's it.

hell, a whole train full of jackasses let me stand for an hour long train ride while visibly 9 months pregnant without a soul even making eye contact while I walked the entire length of the train, once up and once back.  that was pleasant after an hour commute into the city and a nine hour workday.

Quoting Djinn83:

I'm more appalled that everybody was staring at her trying to get a double stroller into the cafe, and nobody offered to help.

Common courtesy!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alliemad_3
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 5:42 PM
2 moms liked this
I told my kids at church today that I was done with the shenanigans and I was just going to start swinging.

They knew I was joking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 16, 2012 at 5:42 PM

you're crazy - she sounds like a frustrated mother who uses spanking as a form of discipline

MYOFB

elijahXmom
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 5:43 PM
No I don't. She exspressed what was wrong and it sounds like the kid's didn't listen so she told them what they were in for.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 16, 2012 at 5:43 PM
Lmao I don't really know what to think. I just think it's funny.
TurtleSquish
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 5:44 PM
Way to judge op.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)