Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Oh and this was genius. Mother at the park: said this to her two kids ...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
There's a cafe next to the park and I was heading to the park and the mom was pushing a double stroller into the cafe. She was saying (practically yelling bc everyone was staring lol) that "I'm not using my worlds. I'm going to hit." I'm done using my words you're going to get a spanking now"

That just seems so horrible.

How about if her kids or husband or friend said I'm not using my words, now I'm going to hit you. ????!!!

Does anyone else see this as wrong or am I crazy?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 16, 2012 at 5:22 PM
Replies (51-60):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Sep. 16, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Well the biggest difference there is her husband or friend isnt her children. But besides that, yeah- it's not something I would say but it's not "jaw drop worthy" either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Sep. 16, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Not your kids, not your business.

mind your own business...

MyLittlePwny
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 6:07 PM
Personally I'm amused at people who choose to make a scene in public.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dilateyourmind
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 6:08 PM

Quoting Retrokitty:

My teacher always said that lol. Most schools start here around 8:45-9. I think 930-10 would be the best personally. But certainly not 7 in the morning bleh. Spanking is still legal here but there are very strict peramiters around it and they think it will be out lawned soon enough.

Quoting dilateyourmind:

Quoting Retrokitty:

Spanking is not the norm here in fact it is very frowned upon and we have the lowest youth crime rate in Canada. It can go both ways.

Quoting dilateyourmind:

Don't behave, there are consequences. Glad I live in a place where spanking is VERY acceptable. You should see how well the teenagers behave around here!;)  When that is said around another adult here, we smile at each other and give a wink. WE are teaching our children it is not ok to misbehave.

You guys teach your children better across the board, than America, IMO. This country has lost its mind. Just read an article about..youn's..;)) changing the school schedule, for them to go to school an hour later. BRILLIANT. It is a biological fact that during the teen years, the brain develops in such a way, their internal clock is later. Therefore, they are more productive later.

I think out lawing it there, was the other article I read last week.  My strong willed irl gets the occasional swat. Soem kids are just like that. I hate screaming. But when you say something 5 times and it only sinks in when you scream. going crazy

meparty
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 6:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 16, 2012 at 7:14 PM
Me or OP?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Not your kids, not your business.

mind your own business...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Sep. 16, 2012 at 7:36 PM
I give dd three warnings, then let her know she needs to adjust her attitude before I do it for her. We typically avoid the attitude adjustments with our system. It's rare I actually have to adjust her, and after it's discussed.

Quoting mrs.jessefuller:

I ask dd if she needs to get adjusted in the ladies room. She knows what it means. Some spank some don't. To each their own.

cLanief
by Ruby Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 7:38 PM
bahahahhaha thats funny!

Today I told my son I was gonna kick his butt and we argued back and forth in line at the store about who was going to kick who's butt. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrs.jessefuller
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 7:40 PM
Yep mine is knock it off charlotte Ann. She knows momma uses a middle name I'm being very serious and the third time its gotta be said I say do we need to go to the ladies room because I won't say it again. It's almost always a no mam or no momma. I think in 2 years I've spanked her 4 times.

Quoting Anonymous:

I give dd three warnings, then let her know she needs to adjust her attitude before I do it for her. We typically avoid the attitude adjustments with our system. It's rare I actually have to adjust her, and after it's discussed.

Quoting mrs.jessefuller:

I ask dd if she needs to get adjusted in the ladies room. She knows what it means. Some spank some don't. To each their own.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 7:46 PM

that's crazy.  I absolutely loved mine, I couldn't have lived without it since I don't drive.  of course, our busses are on hydraulic lifts and the driver will lower the front of the bus to almost the ground to help you get on and off.  but I'll admit I only tried the train twice without another adult, and the bus once - but with the single stroller.  everything else was either in walking distance or it waited until dh could transport us.

Quoting BambiF:

Ugh I hate double strollers.  I made the mistake of taking mine on the bus one time.  Trying to get off the bus, it was like a 2 foot drop to the ground.  So I had to get off and pull it down from the front, with the 2 kids on it.  Some asshole instead of trying to help says "Hurry it up!" 

Quoting ff-princess:

you would be amazed.  I pushed my two littles in their double stroller for two summers (for a total of about 12 months) and only twice did someone offer to open a door for me.  and we frequently visited dunkin donuts, subway, 7/11, local establishments.  I did have offers for assistance when I was getting on and off the train with them and the stroller, but that's it.

hell, a whole train full of jackasses let me stand for an hour long train ride while visibly 9 months pregnant without a soul even making eye contact while I walked the entire length of the train, once up and once back.  that was pleasant after an hour commute into the city and a nine hour workday.

Quoting Djinn83:

I'm more appalled that everybody was staring at her trying to get a double stroller into the cafe, and nobody offered to help.

Common courtesy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)