Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Oh and this was genius. Mother at the park: said this to her two kids ...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
There's a cafe next to the park and I was heading to the park and the mom was pushing a double stroller into the cafe. She was saying (practically yelling bc everyone was staring lol) that "I'm not using my worlds. I'm going to hit." I'm done using my words you're going to get a spanking now"

That just seems so horrible.

How about if her kids or husband or friend said I'm not using my words, now I'm going to hit you. ????!!!

Does anyone else see this as wrong or am I crazy?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 16, 2012 at 5:22 PM
Replies (71-80):
areles
by Platinum Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 10:23 PM
I've never understood that whole 'use your words' thing.
cherrywaves21
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 10:24 PM
The voice of reason. ;)

Quoting singlemom1208:

No telling what those kids were doing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 10:27 PM

I really try not to judge other parents.  You never know what someone is dealing with.  Maybe they're having a shit day.  Does it make it right to yell at their kids and threaten a spanking?  No, but the fact is, the vast majority of us has at some point, said something, or said it in a way we wish we could take back.  

It happens to the best of us.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 16, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Well, sometimes you can talk until you're blue in the face and a kid just isn't getting it.  A spanking can be way more effective for certain kids.  If my daughter wants me to use words, she'd better respond when I say something to her, and then she can avoid the spanking altogether!

TurtleSquish
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:19 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

sorry that was judgemental of me lol
singlemom1208
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 7:47 AM
That's me! Lol

Quoting cherrywaves21:

The voice of reason. ;)

Quoting singlemom1208:

No telling what those kids were doing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 7:51 AM
Meh. I've issued similar threats and have carried them out. If someone who sees it in public wants some say in it, they better follow it up with a child support check.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmary
by Silver Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 7:52 AM

I don't spank and don't really have anything good to say about it.   But it is her right to do so and I guess if one does spank, it's nice to warn the child ahead of time.  Clearly she had asked her children to do something several times before that and they wouldn't comply.  At least they got warnings, I suppose.  Though my guess is it was an idle threat, unless of course you saw her remove them from the sttoller and spank them in public...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 17, 2012 at 7:54 AM
Some people shoudn't procreate.
Kool_Aide
by Gold Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 7:57 AM
First...none of your damn business!!

Second, her kids her choice with how she wants to discipline them!

Third, you have no idea what kind of day, week, month she has had and how fed up or pushed to her limits she may be.

Get the fuck over yourself OP!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)