Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do you do without for your kids?

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 4:07 AM
  • 174 Replies

I never drink milk anymore,I am always afraid one of my kids will ask for some and we will be out because I had some...anyone else do this? Yes,I am wide awake and my insomnia has kicked in full force

by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 4:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 17, 2012 at 4:08 AM
8 moms liked this

When we were slightly worse-off I've gone without food so my kids could eat.

AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 4:09 AM
1 mom liked this

i watched my mom, growing up, go without, because of things we needed, but my dad never made those sacrifices, and we still weren't able to get things that we needed. they were terrible at finances, though. so i'm determined not to have to do that. i make dh budget and do what's needed to be done so we can have the things we need. and we're NOT going to have more kids than we can afford.

dh is terrible with money, too. i have to brow beat him a lot lol. but he's been coming around and doing much better lately.

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 4:11 AM

I am really sorry about that,hope thing continue to get better for you

Quoting Anonymous:

When we were slightly worse-off I've gone without food so my kids could eat.

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 4:12 AM

glad you are doing better!

Quoting AngryBob:

i watched my mom, growing up, go without, because of things we needed, but my dad never made those sacrifices, and we still weren't able to get things that we needed. they were terrible at finances, though. so i'm determined not to have to do that. i make dh budget and do what's needed to be done so we can have the things we need. and we're NOT going to have more kids than we can afford.

dh is terrible with money, too. i have to brow beat him a lot lol. but he's been coming around and doing much better lately.

AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 4:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting shivasgirl:

glad you are doing better!

Quoting AngryBob:

thanks!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 17, 2012 at 4:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I had a reply but after seeing some, it just sounds rude. I guess I haven't ever had to do "without" not like some of you. My gripes are material or luxury. Not a need.
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 4:15 AM
1 mom liked this

yes,I can, I just dont want my kids to want it and I took it..

Quoting Anonymous:

Can you not manage to keep plenty of milk in your house?

champagne_rose
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 4:17 AM

If my son likes something, then I wait until he has had enough before I eat any. He has food issues and when he eats it's a huge blessing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 17, 2012 at 4:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Broccoli. 

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 4:18 AM

I didnt mean it to be a necessity, I meant mine is an irrational idea that we will be out of milk if my kids need it, I certainly can keep enough milk in my house. Lol,  I was just wondering if there were any other sleepless nuts like me out there

Quoting Anonymous:

I had a reply but after seeing some, it just sounds rude. I guess I haven't ever had to do "without" not like some of you. My gripes are material or luxury. Not a need.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured