Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Surprised by the lack of educated parents...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I cannot believe how many parents are going to school nowadays.

Did you not think an education was important before?

Are you going to school just so you can get the aid money to pay on your rent?

Wouldn't it have been more responsible to get an education prior to having kids?

Isn't an educated parent a better parent?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:34 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:41 PM
4 moms liked this

you know, sometimes people just want to learn something NEW to better their lives.

hell, there are even people who just love school and go as a hobby!

maybe if you EDUCATED yourself on reasons for extended learning, you could have saved yourself the embarrassment of getting publicly humiliated here.

jkleinman
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:42 PM
Maybe they graduated undergrad and decided to get their masters? What business is it of yours any way? Oh wait. I know, NONE!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcclainprincess
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:42 PM
I don't really give a flying monkey turd what you think. I make my own decisions in life because they are mine to make.
Mychele
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:43 PM
3 moms liked this
Do you have a brain ?

Quoting Anonymous:

I would rather them be working to provide for their children than going to school... 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuvMyBrennaBean
by Kayleigh on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Why do people seriously worry about others. I feel like as long as I'm doing whats best for my children, and giving them a better life and future... then that's all that matters. What do you teach your children by judging others?

Meglet1970
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:43 PM

It was because of my daughter that I went back to school. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Congrats on your achievement!  Thats great, I just think its best to educate ourselves and make ourselves the most likely to succeed before we have kids not after.

Quoting Meglet1970:

I went back to school because I was ready.  Right out of high school I wasn't.  No big deal as I could afford to and I worked full time as well.  Graduated Sum Cumme Laude.

alwayskk
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I already had a degree under my belt when I became a parent but I didn't enjoy the field so I went back. I've since graduated and now I'm working on my teacher's certification.

Talk about seeing the negative side of things. I don't care how long you wait- I will applaud and encourage anyone who decides to go back to school.

iheartmiboys
by Silver Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:43 PM
Yea, that was the plan to go to college after high school. Had an scholarship too. But I was irresponsible and was pregnant at 17. But I continue to go to college. Its been a long stretch but well worth.They still have an educated mom in the end.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mychele
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

you know, sometimes people just want to learn something NEW to better their lives.

hell, there are even people who just love school and go as a hobby!

maybe if you EDUCATED yourself on reasons for extended learning, you could have saved yourself the embarrassment of getting publicly humiliated here.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:43 PM
6 moms liked this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured