Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Surprised by the lack of educated parents...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I cannot believe how many parents are going to school nowadays.

Did you not think an education was important before?

Are you going to school just so you can get the aid money to pay on your rent?

Wouldn't it have been more responsible to get an education prior to having kids?

Isn't an educated parent a better parent?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:34 PM
Replies (21-30):
imafuswb
by ★Rainbow Brite★ on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:43 PM
Aw, man! Now I want Carnation Instant Breakfast. Love that stuff!!!

Quoting Michellina11234:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PhoenixsMommy10
by Gold Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:43 PM
3 moms liked this
Did you not think an education was important before? Yes, but I was unsure of what kind of degree I wanted, so instead of wasting money on a degree I wasn't 100% sure of I waited.

Are you going to school just so you can get the aid money to pay on your rent? We own our home, so no.

Wouldn't it have been more responsible to get an education prior to having kids? Perhaps, but I'm happy with my choices.

Isn't an educated parent a better parent? Not even true. My parents didn't even graduate high school, and I had a wonderful childhood with parents who adored and took care of me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:44 PM
What does going back to school have to do with "aid money"? I'm confused. Can't I just go back to school because I want to? Do I have to get on PA first?

Bwahahahahahahahaha

*I guess I should add I was 26 when we had our daughter. I am not in school now but I am looking forward to going back. For money AND fun. ;-) funny how that works. more education = More money = more fun. The more ya know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Michellina11234
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Well said!!!

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:44 PM

At least they are bettering themselves and have a plan

Michellina11234
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Quoting imafuswb:

Aw, man! Now I want Carnation Instant Breakfast. Love that stuff!!!

Quoting Michellina11234:

Me too, had some this morning!!!

lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I had medical reasons to have my kids when I had my kids. I had finished high school, but not started college. I went back to school while holding a full time job, and holding up to three jobs. I have earned a BS, an MBA, and am working on a second masters, about to transfer into a PsyD.

Unless you know what you are talking about. STFU.

iheartmiboys
by Silver Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:45 PM
Blahahahaha "shut the front door"

Quoting Anonymous:

I would rather them be working to provide for their children than going to school... 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmary
by Silver Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:45 PM

There are many valid reasons to return to school after having kids, but one of the biggest right now (with the economy how it is) would be to get an education in something different, a field that may be growing.  Perhaps their old field of work is stagnant, laying workers off, etc.  Your post makes a (sometimes) inaccurate assumption that any adult currently getting an education didn't have one before.  They may have, but it may have been in a different field.

anfisasmommy
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:45 PM

How do you figure an educated parent is better? While yes, it is good to finish it before children thats not always doable. I am attending school via online, I stay home all day with my babies, I taxi my daughter to school, I am here to cook all there meals.. I did not need a college degree to take care of my children well. I am doing the schooling to feel better about myself that god forbid anything happend to my husband I could afford to get out there and be the bread winner for my family!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN