Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Surprised by the lack of educated parents...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I cannot believe how many parents are going to school nowadays.

Did you not think an education was important before?

Are you going to school just so you can get the aid money to pay on your rent?

Wouldn't it have been more responsible to get an education prior to having kids?

Isn't an educated parent a better parent?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:34 PM
Replies (31-40):
ikesmommy200
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:45 PM
Well I do have a ba in psychology, but my oldest was 18 months when I graduated but I don't think education has anything to do with being a good parent.

My mother is a high school drop out. She's the best mom I know
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcclainprincess
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

I would rather them be working to provide for their children than going to school... 

yeah cuz it's impossible to do both. smh.
cbk_mom3
by JayTayGma on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:46 PM
2 moms liked this

When I graduated from high school 30 years ago, my mom was a single parent, who raised me by herself, with little help from my dad. Her health has always been bad, and so I made the decision to not go to school then, she needed me more. The reason why I decided to go back to school now has nothing to do with financial aid, or what I can "buy" with it. No, an educated parent is not a "better parent." One has nothing to do with the other. It is just the right time in my life for me to go, and I don't have to justify it to you or anyone else. You, OP are an extremely judgemental person, and truly don't have a clue.

UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:46 PM
You're not paying for my school or my children, so your preference is irrelevant.
I'm doing what's best for my family and myself.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would rather them be working to provide for their children than going to school... 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Peaceful.chaos
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Many wait until they can afford to while many people I know simply want a degree to further their position at work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:47 PM
I would love to start college...I wasn't ready after high school...it's just the way my life worked out...I don't think an educated parent is a better parent, there are many different variables that play into that...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Peaceful.chaos
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think going to college equals a more educated parent. Some of the dumbest people I know are college grads.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cpdsptchgrl
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:47 PM
I have a degree. I will hopefully be going back to school soon to better myself even further.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:49 PM
BC I don't want to lose my cash assistant , they gave a choice either I get a job or go to school. And to get the aid money lol I got it like that lol
MommieSDW
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:49 PM
I was accepted into a university and was figuring out financial aid when I found out I was pregnant. So I had a family instead. Now, my husband works hard so I can stay home. With my kids in school, I can finally pick up where I left off. I don't intend to be a SAHM or SAHW my whole life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)