Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Surprised by the lack of educated parents...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I cannot believe how many parents are going to school nowadays.

Did you not think an education was important before?

Are you going to school just so you can get the aid money to pay on your rent?

Wouldn't it have been more responsible to get an education prior to having kids?

Isn't an educated parent a better parent?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:34 PM
Replies (461-463):
lindilouwho82
by Lindi on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I would rather them be working to provide for their children than going to school... 

Right, making a piss poor wage, shitty hours, worrying about daycare/babysitters, on Gov't assisted health insurance because their gig does not offer health insurance..yeah seems like a grand alternative.

I got pregnant my second year while getting my BSC, I already had my AAS and I currently working on my Juris Doctor so I may practice law.

Mothers work and or go to school for a number of reasons none of which are any of you damn business.

Momof2almost
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Anonymous:

That is the CRUELEST thing you have said by far!! HOW DARE you question someone who says they were raped and got pregnant. This lady was raped and got pregnant and rather than have an abortion she had her baby and is busting her ass to give her baby (that she had not planned on having) a good life!! Rape may not exist in your little bubble world but in the real world rape happens ALOT MORE than you think and WHO ARE YOU TO QUESTION IT!? You are a total bitch.
jellybeanjean
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:07 PM

ah. Well makes sense then. Not every employer will send their people out to get educated though.

Quoting ledlovebug:

No, I work for a bank.

Quoting jellybeanjean:

Quoting ledlovebug:

And BTW, I am working full time while my employer is paying for my education.  I am getting a master's degree for free. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I would rather them be working to provide for their children than going to school... 

Do you work for the Government? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)