Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i'm taking my kid to a plastic surgeon

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 65 Replies

for cosmetic reasons. shes 6. she has a mole on her face, that cant just be shaved off. it has to be cut, and stitched. i would leave it until she was older, but all the cruel kids AND adults in this world, and my baby wants it off. so, we would rather she has a light scar that can be covered with makeup, than a mole under her eye that continues to grow. it will be a great 7th b-day present for her next month.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 17, 2012 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluebunbun
by Gold Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 1:13 PM
Ummmmm.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Sep. 17, 2012 at 1:13 PM

That's good =0)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 17, 2012 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Awwww :)  I knew a woman that had to take her DD to have her ears cosmetically altered because they stuck out so bad. Changed that little girl's life in a most positive way. :) Good luck to you and your DD.

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 1:15 PM
We're also getting a mole removed from dd in a few months, but I don't really consider it solely a cosmetic procedure. Sure, it's nice to remove a mark that may be unsightly, but it's really in her best health interest. I had a skin cancer scare in high school and had to have every mole on my body removed and tested. I think it's smart to just take care of it while they're young then have to worry about it later in life!
1crazymomx1
by Silver Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 1:15 PM

If that is what she wants. People can be cruel about stuff like that. I had plastic surgery at 2 to repair my face after a horrible dog bite (it took half of my face to the bone).

luvcloudydays
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 1:15 PM
One of my sons had to have a mole removed from his back because it got infected. By the way, she wouldn't be going to a "plastic surgeon", it'd be a dermatologist.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2girlsandadream
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 1:15 PM
I'm on the fence on this one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Michellina11234
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Good luck to you 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 17, 2012 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this

You're seriously going to give her surgery for her birthday present?  How crappy.

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Sep. 17, 2012 at 1:17 PM

good for her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN