Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I let my 2 year old throw fits in stores

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 283 Replies
15 moms liked this

Thats right I let my 2 year old throw fits in stores. I live 45 minutes away form any store. So when I go get food for the week if he throws a fit I let him. If he wants a toy and I say no and he starts to cry I let him cry and I don't leave I keep shopping. He has to learn when I say no to something I mean it. I am not going to leave and waste gas just because he is mad. He can learn to deal like the rest of the world.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 17, 2012 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I've let mine throw a fit in the store too, if we were getting things that we needed like toilet paper, food, medicine. If SO is deployed, then it is just me. I have no one else here to help me. And sometimes getting onto him while he is pitching a fit just adds fuel to the fire. If I ignore his behavior, it'll be over with quicker. 

isell_avon
by ♥Janet♥ on Sep. 17, 2012 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this
My 4 yr old is like that,which is why he stays with dh while i go grocery shopping.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oh_sparks
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 11:18 PM
6 moms liked this
I would absolutely not leave over a temper tantrum either. I think it reaches them that if they're bored at the store, they can throw a fit and get to go home. Same for giving in on the toy. I think you're doing fine. If anything, maybe take him in the bathroom and make him chill out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 17, 2012 at 11:19 PM

I was like that last year. Dh got home in May of this year

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

I've let mine throw a fit in the store too, if we were getting things that we needed like toilet paper, food, medicine. If SO is deployed, then it is just me. I have no one else here to help me. And sometimes getting onto him while he is pitching a fit just adds fuel to the fire. If I ignore his behavior, it'll be over with quicker. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 17, 2012 at 11:20 PM
10 moms liked this
I'm really glad my children have never thrown a fit in public.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 17, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Dh is not always around when I go out shopping. I try to do it while he is at work. So I can have dinner ready when he gets home.

Quoting isell_avon:

My 4 yr old is like that,which is why he stays with dh while i go grocery shopping.

melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 11:21 PM
5 moms liked this

My kids have always been pretty good when we go shopping, not saying they are perfect but they are not monsters by any means.  Just curious how you would react if another child made a comment about your child throwing a fit?  While shopping one time there was a lttle boy about 4 throwing a fit, my 6 year old looks at me and says very loudly " mom can we leave, that boy is giving me a headache".  The mother glared at me like my son did something wrong.  I just kind of laughed and walked away.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 17, 2012 at 11:21 PM
4 moms liked this

You could at least take him out to the car until he gets it together.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 17, 2012 at 11:22 PM
3 moms liked this

So never once your child threw a fit in public? Yeah I don't believe this. Every child does this at least once. Especially at a young age.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm really glad my children have never thrown a fit in public.

isell_avon
by ♥Janet♥ on Sep. 17, 2012 at 11:23 PM
I go on Sundays after he is done working. The oldest is autistic and i also have a 1 yr old so its hard to go anywere by myself with the 2 of them.

Quoting Anonymous:

Dh is not always around when I go out shopping. I try to do it while he is at work. So I can have dinner ready when he gets home.

Quoting isell_avon:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)