Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't allow my children to choose clothes that don't match.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 539 Replies
18 moms liked this
I can't stand to see a child running around looking sloppy, mismatched and dirty. I don't let them wear 2 different pairs of shoes or a blue panda shirt with purple penguin shorts or mismatched socks. There is a difference between creative dress and just plain sloppy. Am I going to say something to you about your child dressing like that? Probably not, but I'll be silently judging you about what you allow your (non- special needs) child to walk out of the house and into public wearing.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 18, 2012 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meparty
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 11:05 AM
61 moms liked this

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Sep. 18, 2012 at 11:06 AM
3 moms liked this

It depends on our day.  For instance, if we're going to stay within the development and be at the park, the beach or in our backyard, or even our local small grocery, I don't care what they wear.  Anywhere further and I pick the clothes!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 18, 2012 at 11:07 AM
79 moms liked this
Judge away my kids favorite sweater vest and camo shorts and red boots look freaking adorable together. I don't give a shit what you say lol.
Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Sep. 18, 2012 at 11:08 AM
34 moms liked this

My daughter is the new Punky Brewster. It is all good with me.

CafeMom Tickers
mommie004
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 11:08 AM
12 moms liked this

I agree, I make sure my kids match and don't wear anything with holes or stains to school or out and about in town. At home when playing though I don't really care, i would rather them play in clothes that are already stained and have holes that to ruin their good clothes. I do not however judge others for the way there kids are dressed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 18, 2012 at 11:08 AM
41 moms liked this
Wow. It must be awesome living under your dictatorship. Dirty is one thing, but letting a child learn their own fashion sense is part of early decision making.
.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this

ehhh I care. not.

ginger813
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 11:10 AM
12 moms liked this

I agree with you. I let my kids wear whatever they want around the house, but if we're going somewhere, they have to match. 

Burnz
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 11:10 AM
18 moms liked this
Judge away. My children are clean and well loved. I dont fight the battle of the matching clothes war every morning :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweet_misery
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 11:10 AM
5 moms liked this
Best one I've seen in a while

Quoting meparty:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)