Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should the mother be charged with Manslaughter too?

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:12 AM
  • 20 Replies

I live in Maine. A 10 year old girl is being charged with juvenile manslaughter. I believe that the mother of the 10 year old should be charged as well.  What are your thoughts? I have no idea how to make it clicky, if someone knows I would love to know how to do it.

Quote:

http://www.pressherald.com/news/State-formally-charges-10-year-old-Fairfield-girl-in-death-of-infant.html

Wife to Peter and SAHM to Brady! I love my little family!

by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ambersmommy730
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:19 AM
I can't read it on my phone. How did this child cause the baby to die?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:19 AM

hell yes the mother should be charged.  she had been told by DHS not to allow her 10 year old around small children due to another incident that had previously happened, and she not only disregarded that but she also failed to give the child medications to deal with her multiple mental health issues.  the mother was more than negligent in this case.

but I also wonder what kind of person leaves their infant in that kind of situation knowing that the child might be in the home.

ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:20 AM

the infant was found with multiple bruises on its face and the 10 year old's behavioral meds were found in the infant's system, mirroring a prior event with another infant.

Quoting ambersmommy730:

1crazymomx1
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:21 AM

The mother of the child said the information she had was that the baby had this girls meds in her system and that she was smothered.

Quoting ambersmommy730:

Ruthie_66
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:21 AM
If its the story in thinking abt, the ten year old allegedly smothered the infant. The ten year old had emotional disturbances and am adjustment disorder. Mom knew not to let the infant sleep in the same room with the ten year old
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1crazymomx1
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:22 AM

The mother of the baby was not aware of the previous charge- according to her story. It only came out after a former housemate told people. The state had investigated that claim and the mother of the 10 year old didn't tell mom of baby.

Quoting ff-princess:

hell yes the mother should be charged.  she had been told by DHS not to allow her 10 year old around small children due to another incident that had previously happened, and she not only disregarded that but she also failed to give the child medications to deal with her multiple mental health issues.  the mother was more than negligent in this case.

but I also wonder what kind of person leaves their infant in that kind of situation knowing that the child might be in the home.

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:22 AM
That child is a lunatic and the mother is a lazy, irresponsible idiot.

Mother: straight to prison.
Child: straight jacket.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:23 AM
Yes the mom of the 10yr old should be charged as well. The 10yr old needs to be locked up for life as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1crazymomx1
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)