Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
This is a friendly neighborhood warning that you have a little over three months until Christmas. Now would be a good time to start putting away a few dollars a week (at least) so your children can have a Christmas.

There. You've been warned. Don't come crying in three months that you aren't prepared.

Disclaimer... Yes. I know that unexpected shit happens. Be an honorary boy scout and expect the unexpected.

Eta - this is not a complaint about CM or any members. I love you all, ok, most of you, and just want to remind you to be prepared.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:29 AM
Replies (21-30):
masonsmommy107
by Gold Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:37 AM
I'm going to give birth between now and then and I'm in a partial nesting faze and freaking out about how I'm going to get it all done! I want to get it done between ds 1's birthday in 2 weeks and ds 2 getting here at the end of November or beginning of december. Ahhhhhh!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mandiii04
by Gallifreyan on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:37 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm SO ready for the "CHRISTmas" vs "Axial Tilt is the reason for the reason for the season" posts!

Or the "I only have $30 for 4 kids gifts" vs "an iPad is a good gift for each of my 3 kids under 5 years old, right? Don't be jealous because I have money" posts!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:37 AM

their lawaway sucks. kmart is free!

Quoting beaugrl0824:

LMAO, we will still see the I'm broke posts. Hell walmart is offering their layaway now till December 14th no reason at all.

kngarber
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:38 AM
5 moms liked this
Oh, you can. You choose not to. There is a difference. And if my children weren't grateful for anything they got they would get NOTHING

Quoting Anonymous:

My kids are high-maintenance I so cannot shop @ Walmart eeww ..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:38 AM
I'm waiting till the last minute in hopes i'll buy less. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hope_love_dream
3 moms liked this

I am Rebecca, and I approve this message

GirlWSemiAuto
We do that for Christmas and birthdays so there's room for the new stuff. Well, e usually just donate it, but selling it would be a good way to kick start some savings.

Quoting Anonymous:

I always over do my DD's Christmas and she has way too much stuff, so I'm going to TRY my best to cut back... I do need to start saving though, cause I am broke. I'm thinking about selling some of her old toys to make room (and get a little $) for some new ones.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSemiAuto
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh poop. I forgot about the reason for the season posts. Drat.

Quoting Mandiii04:

I'm SO ready for the "CHRISTmas" vs "Axial Tilt is the reason for the reason for the season" posts!

Or the "I only have $30 for 4 kids gifts" vs "an iPad is a good gift for each of my 3 kids under 5 years old, right? Don't be jealous because I have money" posts!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSemiAuto
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Why thank you Rebecca. I appreciate the message endorsement.

Quoting hope_love_dream:

I am Rebecca, and I approve this message

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:40 AM
This will be the first Christmas I've been on Cafemom but if the back to school posts were any indication of what the Christmas posts will be like, it sounds like we'll be completely swamped with:

Wah. I can't afford Christmas gifts for my kids.

You knew it was coming. It comes the same time every year. You should have prepared.

Fuck you! I can't afford to ...blah, blah, blah...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN