Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

is anyone here

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

that is in a relationship/marriage because you have just given up? meaning.....you know deep down its not going to work but u keep it going for whatever reason? physical abuse, emotional abuse, drug abuse, cheating problems, etc dont even deter you from leaving your man? you are just like "fuck it, i'll deal with it". maybe its because of the kids...maybe its bc u dont want to be alone but doesnt it suck? as i type this i cry....im depressed and lonely....my man and other men deny they have problems and just blamne eveyrthing on you......they make you feel inferior and they have control of the relationship..its easy for me to leave but i dont know why i stay....anyone out there feel like this at all? of course i know im going to get the negative comments and people bashing this post....but i truely would love to talk to women who are in the same position as i am....i cant talk to my friends or family....i cant talk to him, he just twists shit and makes me miserable but i stay...i stay...idk why but i stay

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:33 AM
Replies (71-76):
jones_danielle
by Coheedgirl on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:42 AM
I was, once upon a time, but I finally realized I needed to be happy and left him. Now I'm with someone who's amazing :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shabbydoll78
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:49 AM

My grandmother, whom is 75, and My grandfather have been married for 56 years. She , to this day, tells me that she wishes she had left him years ago when her children were small. He was verbally, emotionally and sometimes physically abusive, to both her and the children. The reasons she gives for staying are as follows : 1. I made my bed I had to lay in it. 2. I had no one to turn to. No one to talk to. 3. I didn't want to raise the kids alone. 4. I didn't know any better. No of days, you girls have so much more information.

Grandpa mellowed as he got older. But everyones emotional scars remain. She is a woman full of regret and remourse. She can see that settling for bullshit was of great detriment to herself and her children. It makes me sad, but it also serves as a warning. I will never settle for anything less than myself and my children deserve.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:54 AM

thats great..i hope i wise up like u did

Quoting jones_danielle:

I was, once upon a time, but I finally realized I needed to be happy and left him. Now I'm with someone who's amazing :)

LCG83
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Yep and I completely understand.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jones_danielle
by Coheedgirl on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:06 AM
You will, it just takes time. I was with my ex for three years before I got up the courage to leave.

That was three years after I realized I didn't want to be with him anymore.

Quoting Anonymous:

thats great..i hope i wise up like u did

Quoting jones_danielle:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Sep. 20, 2012 at 4:54 PM

No. I had given up in the past but we fell in love again. I will never leave because there is no way in hell I could handle dealing with custody shit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)