Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

is anyone here

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

that is in a relationship/marriage because you have just given up? meaning.....you know deep down its not going to work but u keep it going for whatever reason? physical abuse, emotional abuse, drug abuse, cheating problems, etc dont even deter you from leaving your man? you are just like "fuck it, i'll deal with it". maybe its because of the kids...maybe its bc u dont want to be alone but doesnt it suck? as i type this i cry....im depressed and lonely....my man and other men deny they have problems and just blamne eveyrthing on you......they make you feel inferior and they have control of the relationship..its easy for me to leave but i dont know why i stay....anyone out there feel like this at all? of course i know im going to get the negative comments and people bashing this post....but i truely would love to talk to women who are in the same position as i am....i cant talk to my friends or family....i cant talk to him, he just twists shit and makes me miserable but i stay...i stay...idk why but i stay

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:33 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:09 AM

thank goodness i am not married....but he does want to have a child together and i want one but i dont think with him (i have other kids not by him)

Quoting meparty:

When I feel like its over, I remember my vows.. I would never stay in an abusive relationship.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:10 AM

his friends and family dont even know about me.....he wont tell them bc of our past..so i put up the front for my friends and family and he plays his game with his friends and family....i wish i could find someone like u did

Quoting Anonymous:

That's how I felt in my marriage. I just stayed put on a good show for his friends and our familys. I gave up and was miserable there. He is a control freak. That treated me like crap. Until my middle school sweet heart showed up and saw how my life was. He asked how he could help and was the only person who showed he cared. I left moved in with my grandparents while I got back on my feet. My middle school sweet heart is now my fiance' and I couldn't be happier!!!

kidlover2
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:11 AM
I used to be & then he left. My life was hard but I was soooo much happier and so were the kids. It took me over a year to "grow up" and find a man that was respectful and caring and actually likes being around me. I'm a thousand times better off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:11 AM
Its so complicated because so many things have happened. I wish he wasn't in my life. Yes its so easy for people to say "leave him" but its just not that easy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:12 AM

luckly none of us have fb but I think he really thinks he can do no bad. He thinks its okay to go out an be wing man fo rhis cusin  but if I talk to any guys (even this kid who is like 16 ) i must be cheating . btw I im 22

Quoting Anonymous:

100% agree with u..im in the same boat....i have a couple friends but out of all things, he doesnt trust CAFEMOM so he wont keep me on his fb

Quoting Anonymous:

i agree i think the times when its good it great but its seeems more times like my husband desnt like me honestly. some times i feel like im in love with who he was an wo i want him to be , if that makes sense . i also think he wants me to be some one  im not. I litterally have no friends becuase he freaks on me :O(

Quoting Anonymous:i agree

mine is EXTREMELY complicated too...i just wish i had an outlet or something irl i can go to....i know its wrong to be like this, with him and taking his crap but i cant get away..i dont need his money...but like u said he is good with the kids..i have lots of guilt also...how long are we going to be stuck like this? i feel like forever bc if i havent left by now with all the shit going on, ill never leave :(

Quoting Anonymous:

i think i am an there is oonly one other person who know. my husband doesnt feel he does any thing wrong but right now I dont have any other optopn :O( I dont know if  he'll ever change but hes a great father an always has been its just me I generally think he doesnt like me. but we're pretty good on puttin ong a smle an pretending though. If he does care about me he sure the hell has a issue showing it. I dont know its extremly complicated an issues up but you would never know unless I told you.

Bertha21
by Platinum Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:12 AM
Well one day we had a serious talk and realized we wanted to be together and give our son a happy life. We started doing nice things for each other daily, nothing big just little things that show we appreciate each other. We also don't fight about petty things anymore. He started communicating better, which helps a lot!

Quoting Anonymous:

how did u work on things?

the kids part is complicated, but they arent his...no

Quoting Bertha21:

I know how you feel! He didn't abuse me physically or mentally, he was just always angry. He has HORRIBLE anger issues. We were in that rut (we both hated each other) for a year. We stayed together for our son, and we also loved each other just couldn't stand each other. We are in love and happier than ever now. It was just a long rut! Do you have kids together?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:15 AM
Not me. I am 2 years free from the chains of drug abuse and domestic violence. It was a long time coming. I pray you ladies find your inner strength and realize how much more you deserve. It breaks my heart to read these, knowing how hopeless and lonely it feels to be there. =/
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:19 AM

the funny thing is;....he left me once before....i didnt hear from him for a whole year and i was fine i was happy...i moved on...i didnt beg him, didnt send one email. then he slowly crept back in my life and i fell in love again....to do this a second time is like UGH

Quoting ShesALady:

((hugs)) I'm sorry. I've been there, but when he cheated I finally left. We had two kids together and I stayed for 5 years listening to his put downs and going out all night with friends, never helping with the kids. It was horrible and depressing. I finally found the strength to leave and I couldn't be happier with that choice. Don't give up on yourself and just let it happen. Leaving is the hardest part. Once you get past that initial step it slowly gets easier.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:19 AM
I'm only about 15 lbs bigger bit its not that. I don't know why.

Quoting Anonymous:

we dont have sex either, like that....im bigger then when he met me and thats a problem for him

Quoting Anonymous:

I's love someone to talk to about it I just feel awful. He doesn't cheat ot abuse me I'm just miserable and we don't have sex ever.

Quoting Anonymous:

me too - i need help idk what to do anymore...want to talk about it?

Quoting Anonymous:

I am too. i have to post anon though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this

i need to believe that

Quoting givenshl:

You should never let some one Control Your life, you should always be in Charge of You. Good Luck to you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN