Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Who has experienced this? I've had mine out for over a month and it hit me this morning. Technically it's been creeping up on me for a few days but today it hit me full force. If you've dealt with this please let me know how long it lasted.

I had 2 mirenas for a total of 10 years, it's been out for almost 2 months and I have yet to start my cycle back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:51 AM
Replies (31-37):
amanda_mom89
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 11:30 AM
Oh god. I've only had mine for a year and I've hated it for the last 5 months. I couldn't go 10 years.

I'm having mine removed on Monday. *crosses fingers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 20, 2012 at 11:31 AM
What is the crash?
Mrs.Bryant1201
by Platinum Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

We might want another but im happy with one of each. My baby factory is DONE! But dh thinks... Oh wait maybe his ass can be pregnant and birth. Then he can get back to me! 1 boy and now 1 girl. Im very happy. Got my perfect pair.

Quoting bmw29:

:( I'm sorry. Dh and I always knew we only wanted one child. I wish we had opted to get him a vasectomy immediately.

Quoting Mrs.Bryant1201:

As a mom who had 1 kid i should have not gotten mirena. I was young and looked for the "easy fix" after having it removed i miscarried 2 times. Im halfway done with my daughter now but i worry that mirena made my uterus inhabitable.

Quoting bmw29:

I don't want anymore children but the normal part I could use.

Quoting Mrs.Bryant1201:

Took 2 months for me to be "normal" again and a year to have a healthy pregnancy.

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Sep. 20, 2012 at 11:55 AM
It's apparently a cross between a crushing feeling of despair and a raging level of pissed off for no reason after the removal of the mirena. :(

Quoting Anonymous:

What is the crash?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessicalp89
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:24 AM
I was wondering if I could get an update one ur Mirena crash! How long did it last? I am going thru this now it's been 3 weeks of hell
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:30 AM
For freaking forever. I finally got my period about 5 months later and now I have PMDD which sucks. I found something at the Vitamin Shoppe called Oona. If I take that daily I can function like a normal human but I'm still not regular and it's horrible. :-/ I wish I had better news for you. I'm not on BC at all though. I've heard that can help but hubby is snipped and I really don't want to take anything hormonal if I don't have to.

Quoting jessicalp89: I was wondering if I could get an update one ur Mirena crash! How long did it last? I am going thru this now it's been 3 weeks of hell
jessicalp89
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 2:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Holy crap! I'm so sorry. We r trying for number 2 and highly doubt I will start on my own so I will be calling the Dr again. The progesterone the Dr gave me helped me a lot I took it for 4 months and then all of a sudden my periods were coming n going on there own without the pills maybe u could try them for a couple months n see if this will help ur regulation. After we have number 2 I'm going for a tubal or the dh is getting snipped I'm thru with bc I'm just not able to handle it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN