Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is your SO really protective?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

My husband is HUGE on who knows I'm home, who knows I'm alone, if I'm walking somewhere dark, what time I'm outside alone, etc. 

He gets so mad when I let people from CL come over to buy things. He runs through these crazy scenarios like "oh, so some big guy comes over, shoves you in the house, and rapes you, then what? You won't even have time to get the gun!" Or when I walk down the road at night to see a friend, he makes sure I'm carrying a weapon and he makes me promise to call when I get there. And if he goes out of town, he makes sure his guy friends know I'm here by myself and never posts it on FB or anything like that.

He's super overprotective. He's the same way with the kids. He's never let anyone watch them other than my mom and sister, won't let them ride a bus, won't let them out of his sight when we're out, hates that I let them roam free around the yard (it's kind of hidden around the corner of the house). It's not a controlling thing, I do what I want. He doesn't get mad at me if I do things he doesn't like, he just doesn't like them and I feel like I can see an ulcer forming when I go be my wild self. lol He's just soooo  paranoid!

Are any other husbands out there like that? I feel like a porcelain doll around him sometimes! I'm flattered to a point, but sometimes I feel like he really needs to loosen up. 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 20, 2012 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine is very protective of us. Makes me feel good. lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.gumdrop.
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 3:49 PM
No..... He is confident in my ability to kick some ass ;) Lol
Even a big scary man!!! Haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beachbabies6
by Gold Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 3:50 PM

mine is like that to

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 20, 2012 at 3:52 PM
Same here

Quoting MommyBoha:

Mine is very protective of us. Makes me feel good. lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 20, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Quoting .gumdrop.:

No..... He is confident in my ability to kick some ass ;) Lol
Even a big scary man!!! Haha

When I say I can hold my own, he gives me this amused little smile and says something like "yes, baby, you're super tough" like he finds it so cute. I happen to think I'm pretty badass. lol

Sept-babies2
by Gold Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 3:58 PM

yes my husband is the same way..he doesnt want me walking around alone with the kids like just to go for a walk. he doesnt want me to answer the door unless i know who it is for sure..and we keep a gun where i know where it is and if i need it it is ready to go. he doesn't trust anyone and if i do happen to walk just to the store he makes me carry a gun also..and honestly the town we live in is where i grew up and i used to play outside as a kid by myself and had no worries we are in nh and it's for the most part very safe here but where he grew up it wasn't and he doesn't understand but i love that he protects me and worries about me. 

lovinglife0682
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this
No, my husband trusts my abilities as an adult.
luvem630
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 4:02 PM
My SO is very protective. I don't open the door when he isn't home unless I'm expecting someone and I would never invite a stranger from cl or anywhere else to my house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 4:04 PM

I used to be married to a cop so yes I know what you mean lol. 

kmab0629
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Sure, of course.  The kids and I are his everything.  He does know I'm a tough chick, but wont stop him from worrying. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)