Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WHY THE HECK WOULD AN ADULT....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Tell a child they are fat? 

I was in the store the other day and a man told what looked like she was a 9 maybe 10 year old little girl that she was fat, and that she didn't need the .79 cent small piece of candy. REALLY? Who as and adult tells a child that? You can say 'oh honey you don't need that this close to supper' (it was about 5~6pm) You want to help them lose weight do it in a way that won't effect them mentally. You don't tell a child they are fat, because when they get older it could effect them in a negative way. That, and it's really messed up to tell someone so innocent that. BTW this guy wasn't the most fit person either and when I say that it's a nice way of saying he was about 350+ and 5'8". Err people are so heartless, and rude.

Ok vent over.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 21, 2012 at 11:41 AM
Replies (21-30):
luvem630
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 12:37 PM
How sad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Yellowlily333
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 12:40 PM

wow..not cool

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 21, 2012 at 12:41 PM
My kid is thin as a rail. I mean like 9 and size 6 falls off of her. We discuss good foods and bad foods and why we don't eat junk food. We refer to healthy weight and not fat. My kid is a veggie fanatic.
Knife
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 12:42 PM

That's absolutely immature and inappropriate. Sounds like he's self-conscious about his own excessive weight; therefore he needs to make himself feel better by insulting his daughter's weight. Either way, that's unacceptable and I hope the girl doesn't grow up to have severe confidence issues. :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 21, 2012 at 12:55 PM

My brother makes fun of my weight ALL the time STILL and we are both grow. Kinda hurts :-( oh well

Quoting jesistar6910:

My older brother used to do that to me all the time. We'd walk through the store together and I would want some candy, he'd say "god, you are so fat, you never stop eating."

opal10161973
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 12:56 PM

CREEP!  Sounds like my Ex step dad. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 21, 2012 at 12:57 PM

yeah, that sucks. My SIL tells her step daughters that. When they come over she'll point out the junk food and tell them that is off limits cuz they need to work on their weight. When they ask for a snack, she'll tell them to eat an apple. But she'll eat crap in front of them, and feeds her own daughter the crappiest food ever in front of them. Claiming she won't eat regular food. well no shit! of course your 3 year old would rather eat candy and twinkies.

caito
by Ruby Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 1:31 PM

I was in weight watchers at age 10 because I was overweight. That was a horrible experience, being put on a diet because I was a fatty and having to weigh in in front of judgmental adults. The way my family handled my weight and eating gave me a lifelong complex.

helema24
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 1:32 PM

i tell my dd i dont want he rto struggle like i have my whole life. i am addicted to junk food and i am working to make sure my kids are not!! never call a kid fat that messes them up!

cmendoza316
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 1:55 PM

How sad. You never tell a child they are fat, or say anything negative to a child for that matter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)