Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Candy buffet I made for my BFFs wedding.

Posted by   + Show Post

I am in no way a DIYer! I'm more the tomboy type. (So go easy on me)

I have been asked to do it again for another wedding but it was soooo pricey!

Any suggestions on what I can improve on would be greatly appreciated!

by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 6:49 PM
Replies (51-60):
calcalmommy
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this
My little sis had a candy table at her reception and I love the idea! It's so pretty!
mom2the.rescue
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I love it!  You can stock up on vases like that when they're on sale or at dollar stores.  And chase sales for candy with coupons.

LovelyJay512
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Judesmom333:

Some ideas would be a tray of assorted fudge and a chocolate fountain with candy and fruit
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mmtosam06
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Beautiful
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LanaTsunami
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Epic win!
mbc324
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 8:34 PM

I think going with the wedding colors is classy looking!! I have seen one where they incorporated the wedding colors but also used all colored candies, it would be cheaper to go that way, it was pretty and colorful but it didnt look as classy as yours. I saw one on tv where it was a couple in their 50s and they had candies from their childhood days, black cows, zots, candy dots on paper, etc. that was kind of neat.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Sep. 21, 2012 at 8:43 PM

cute!

lizzielu9
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:29 PM

We had lots of small panes of glass, then I'd use to small jars to sit underneath to hold it up. We also had these square things with legs that were all different heights. We had a million odds and ends that the hotel had collected over time to use for elevating. Our tables were usually glass or we had a few nice wood ones. There was never enough room though, it's so hard to fit tons of stuff with elevations!

Quoting over40bride:

Quoting Anonymous:

Some elevation. Jars at different heights and such. I used to set up stuff like this at a nice hotel I used to work at, for weddings and other banquets. :)

I was thinking that. What did you use to elevate them? How did you cover what you used? With the same tablecloth or smaller pieces of cloth?

Livv066
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:43 PM
That looks great! :D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzielu9
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:58 PM
We'd also put colored glass beads, water with food coloring, or flowers in the glass jars. (That held up the panes of glass) :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)