Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Candy buffet I made for my BFFs wedding.

Posted by   + Show Post

I am in no way a DIYer! I'm more the tomboy type. (So go easy on me)

I have been asked to do it again for another wedding but it was soooo pricey!

Any suggestions on what I can improve on would be greatly appreciated!

by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 6:49 PM
Replies (61-70):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 21, 2012 at 10:02 PM

You can get jars and urns like that from TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and Home Goods.   I can see where this would be expensive.  I think you did a great job and look cute in the picture too! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 21, 2012 at 10:08 PM
I had a candy bar at my sons birthday, it turned out great! One thing I recommend that would look SO pretty is to tie big bows or put some ribbon on the spoons and put them in each container with a little tag that says what container it goes with. People will not put thier hands all over the spoon when they are grabbing the spoons and setting them back on e table. I also h ad cute tags attached to the ties that matched his decorations and had a cute saying on it.
You did a great job!
boys2men2soon
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 10:08 PM

It looks awesome!    Maybe you can add some Lollipops?   I'm a sucker for lollipops.  (No pun intended, lol)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 21, 2012 at 10:09 PM
Looks amazing :)!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 21, 2012 at 10:12 PM
Quoting over40bride:

Not sure what her answer was but I put books with different thickness and covered those with the table cloth. That will give you different heights and still look great. You can use anything, just cover with a table cloth. My son had a surfer theme so we had blues green and oranges (they looked much better than it sounds) anyway, I had a tablecloth covering the books going the length of the table and turned one the kind is side ways, difficult to explain but the corner of the sideways one hung down in e front. If that makes sense! It looked Nice!
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 21, 2012 at 10:14 PM

I think it looks great.

So are you going to use the wedding color theme in the candy bar also? 

Jimalin
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 10:16 PM
I think it looks great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 21, 2012 at 10:23 PM

One of these in their wedding colors would look great too! This one is from Preppy Personals. She makes coordinating wedding decor/favors as well. It is their name and wedding date. I love her work on Facebook!
Mazie0723
by Ruby Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 10:25 PM
Awesome!! If I end up having a baby shower I want a candy buffet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 10:27 PM

I would say, first of all, charge them.  Then, I would put the candy on pedestals instead of in jars.  Easier to just grab.  Other than that, it looks beautiful.  Good job!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)