Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i silently judge women who never even try to breastfeed. edit, edit again

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

why wouldnt you at least try? at least for 6 weeks? if you cant ok but why not try?

edit: if you didn't breastfeed because of health reasons, having to be on amedication, stuff like that then i do not judge you. I am talking about perfectly healthy capable women who do not even want to try because they think its gross or wrong or whatever stupid excuse. i do not know peoplese situation unless they tell me, but a lot of people have straight up said to me "omg i think its so weird, i didnt even try." or "omg i hated it, i tried for a week but then it was just too hard and i gave up" obviously they didnt give it a real try.

it took us 3 months to establish breastfeeding! i had to try hard. breastfeeding takes a can do attitude, for me trying to pursue breastfeeding was my very first lesson to my child, "never give up on something you know is right" and that is the type of role model i want to be for my son, someone who can stand up and do what is right now matter how "hard" it is. 

edit again: OMG this post got featured!!! sorry that made me kinda excited ive never been featured before. haha.

look, if you gave breastfeeding an honest try, then i think thats great and i understand it doesnt always work, but if you didnt even try, then yes i do not understand why you would not want the best for your child. im leaving adoptive moms out of this because it is harder for them, but i do want to add adoptive moms can breastfeed too. but it seems like not everyone knows that..actually most of you seem extremely uneducated about breastfeeding and that is really part of the problem. i almost stopped because everyone toldme i just "couldnt breastfeed" and that was not the case, i just had to do more research, seek out support, and finally after 3 months iwas able to breastfeed my son. ive also read a lot about women who felt  uncomfortable doing it because they didnt want to hide, you shouldnt have to hide! our society is screwed up...

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 22, 2012 at 2:35 AM
Replies (11-20):
opal10161973
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 4:18 AM
6 moms liked this

jshalas89
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 4:18 AM
Doing it now. Since you love it so much wanna pic?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Sep. 22, 2012 at 4:20 AM

6 weeks could mean little food for baby

ExquisiteMomof2
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 4:20 AM
Lol. Agree.

Quoting Anonymous:

While I think breast feeding is best...... It's not your tits and not your baby, so why the hell do you care?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
champagne_rose
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 4:21 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Dam that dead horse why do ppl keep beating it!

zombie horse wants brains

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Sep. 22, 2012 at 4:23 AM
3 moms liked this
Honestly, I do the same.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Sep. 22, 2012 at 4:25 AM
2 moms liked this
Me too
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Sep. 22, 2012 at 4:30 AM
7 moms liked this

Life is to short to get stressed out over someone NOT breastfeeding a child. The very sad truth is(some) women get bent out of shape because someone won't/can't breastfeed.......but those same women will turn the other way if they see a child going hurgry and pretend it doesnt exist.  Its amazing what some of us "mothers" will spend our energy on in life.

mommy74146
by Platinum Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 4:40 AM
17 moms liked this
I silently judge women who silently judge women. I didn't try to breastfeed because I didn't want to. If you want your boob sucked on by an infant hey more power to you but it's just not my cup of tea.
mstkn.identity
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 4:41 AM
3 moms liked this
Meh i tried it, had issues and not with my boobs, but the ass i was married to. Got overwhelmed gave up and my milk was gone within days :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN