Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i silently judge women who never even try to breastfeed. edit, edit again

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

why wouldnt you at least try? at least for 6 weeks? if you cant ok but why not try?

edit: if you didn't breastfeed because of health reasons, having to be on amedication, stuff like that then i do not judge you. I am talking about perfectly healthy capable women who do not even want to try because they think its gross or wrong or whatever stupid excuse. i do not know peoplese situation unless they tell me, but a lot of people have straight up said to me "omg i think its so weird, i didnt even try." or "omg i hated it, i tried for a week but then it was just too hard and i gave up" obviously they didnt give it a real try.

it took us 3 months to establish breastfeeding! i had to try hard. breastfeeding takes a can do attitude, for me trying to pursue breastfeeding was my very first lesson to my child, "never give up on something you know is right" and that is the type of role model i want to be for my son, someone who can stand up and do what is right now matter how "hard" it is. 

edit again: OMG this post got featured!!! sorry that made me kinda excited ive never been featured before. haha.

look, if you gave breastfeeding an honest try, then i think thats great and i understand it doesnt always work, but if you didnt even try, then yes i do not understand why you would not want the best for your child. im leaving adoptive moms out of this because it is harder for them, but i do want to add adoptive moms can breastfeed too. but it seems like not everyone knows that..actually most of you seem extremely uneducated about breastfeeding and that is really part of the problem. i almost stopped because everyone toldme i just "couldnt breastfeed" and that was not the case, i just had to do more research, seek out support, and finally after 3 months iwas able to breastfeed my son. ive also read a lot about women who felt  uncomfortable doing it because they didnt want to hide, you shouldnt have to hide! our society is screwed up...

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 22, 2012 at 2:35 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:18 AM
Really? I judge women who can do and decided 6 months in to quit.... What's the point a year is best and after 6 months they eat food too so you nurse less anyways why quit
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:18 AM
10 moms liked this
I refused to breastfeed just to piss people like you off!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fallenangel_353
by Nikki on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:19 AM
6 moms liked this
You are ignorant along with the OP. How does it feel to be this stupid?

Quoting pinkiebabii:

I don't silently judged woman who don't try to breastfeed, I'm pretty open about it.

I honestly feel bad for babies who's mother's don't do what best for them. You are screwing up as a parent at the very beginning of baby's life.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Maybe you should stay silent.

Kmary
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:22 AM

Ok.  But where is the "silent" part?

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:25 AM
3 moms liked this
Oh let her stew in her silly pet project. She's the one worried with what others are doing with their babies while the rest of us are happily showering our own babies with kisses, love, affection and Similac.

Quoting fallenangel_353:

You are ignorant along with the OP. How does it feel to be this stupid?

Quoting pinkiebabii:

I don't silently judged woman who don't try to breastfeed, I'm pretty open about it.

I honestly feel bad for babies who's mother's don't do what best for them. You are screwing up as a parent at the very beginning of baby's life.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:26 AM
7 moms liked this

Breastfeeding isn't BEST.
It's NORMAL.  It's average.
Formula is inferior.
So the question is, why would you choose an inferior, a lower quality, less healthy way to feed your baby? 

celestegood
by Ruby Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:29 AM
9 moms liked this

I'll put my two cents in here.

I have both breastfed and formula fed; for various reasons.  The shortest I have breastfed was three months; longest is so far two and a half years (and will let him self wean)

I think, "why won't they make it work?" but then, it hits me-why not judge women who don't feed their babies at all?  Because, like it or not, formula is food.

My kids are all very bright, even the ones who took formula for a few months of their lives.

I came to the conclusion that those babies who never get breast milk are not to be pitied-because they are fed and their moms and dads care enough to do what is necessary to ensure they are fed.

Formula feeding is not for lazy people-I have done it.  I bf now, and I don't have to get up to make a bottle. 

So, while its unfortunate some women won't even try, at least they are feeding their babies!

Hi_Rae
by Gold Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:30 AM
5 moms liked this
I very loudly don't give a fuck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anonymous69890
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:31 AM
Lmao at Christ on a cracker

Quoting KME445:

I not-so-silently judge dumbasses who judge other women who FEED THEIR BABIES.

Christ on a cracker, not this crap again.  SMH

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)