Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i silently judge women who never even try to breastfeed. edit, edit again

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

why wouldnt you at least try? at least for 6 weeks? if you cant ok but why not try?

edit: if you didn't breastfeed because of health reasons, having to be on amedication, stuff like that then i do not judge you. I am talking about perfectly healthy capable women who do not even want to try because they think its gross or wrong or whatever stupid excuse. i do not know peoplese situation unless they tell me, but a lot of people have straight up said to me "omg i think its so weird, i didnt even try." or "omg i hated it, i tried for a week but then it was just too hard and i gave up" obviously they didnt give it a real try.

it took us 3 months to establish breastfeeding! i had to try hard. breastfeeding takes a can do attitude, for me trying to pursue breastfeeding was my very first lesson to my child, "never give up on something you know is right" and that is the type of role model i want to be for my son, someone who can stand up and do what is right now matter how "hard" it is. 

edit again: OMG this post got featured!!! sorry that made me kinda excited ive never been featured before. haha.

look, if you gave breastfeeding an honest try, then i think thats great and i understand it doesnt always work, but if you didnt even try, then yes i do not understand why you would not want the best for your child. im leaving adoptive moms out of this because it is harder for them, but i do want to add adoptive moms can breastfeed too. but it seems like not everyone knows that..actually most of you seem extremely uneducated about breastfeeding and that is really part of the problem. i almost stopped because everyone toldme i just "couldnt breastfeed" and that was not the case, i just had to do more research, seek out support, and finally after 3 months iwas able to breastfeed my son. ive also read a lot about women who felt  uncomfortable doing it because they didnt want to hide, you shouldnt have to hide! our society is screwed up...

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 22, 2012 at 2:35 AM
Replies (41-50):
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Because of a lot of reasons, I think on top of the list being that its NORMAL in our society to formula feed.  Few people know that formula really can be bad for babies, and that there are risks to formula feeding.

Either way, I really think that in the end, feed the kid.

Quoting Anonymous:

Breastfeeding isn't BEST.
It's NORMAL.  It's average.
Formula is inferior.
So the question is, why would you choose an inferior, a lower quality, less healthy way to feed your baby? 

Quatrekins
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:32 AM
4 moms liked this

Silently judge all you want. I've gotten enough glares and lectures from breastfeeding my kid in public (and by public, I mean on a secluded bench in the corner of the mall -WITH- a blanket covering everything).

enjoys_names
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:32 AM
2 moms liked this
with #1 i tried and she would rather watch tv that nurse. #2 had a stroke in utero and has latching on problems. #3 i tried but within a week my milk dried up. so, with #4 i didn't even bother. my body, my kids, my choice. judge away
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:33 AM
3 moms liked this

You're right.... It's called making a confession in the Mom Confessions group. *gasp*

Quoting Sassy762:

This isn't exactly what I would call "Silently Judging"...anything, lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:38 AM
Because the seizure meds I was on that was safe for baby wasn't stopping them so after two weeks my doc and the pedi decided it would be even worse if I had seizure while holding baby. So I ff and went back on the meds that worked. That was the main reason.
sweet_bumblbee
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:39 AM
Get over it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
URHonor
by Rotten.Girl on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:39 AM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:41 AM
3 moms liked this
Some have no interest. My mom never once tried. It didn't screw me over. It didn't make her a bad mom. : shrugs: No biggie.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:46 AM
2 moms liked this
I know it is really difficult for many women to breastfeeding, the latching on can be frustrating, the engorgement, the feeding on demand and yet.........I did it fir four years combined with my two children and I hope everyone would at least give it an honest try as it is so healthy for the baby.that being said, I do not think that there is a person alive who is in therapy because they are bottle fed!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:47 AM
Thanks for at least acknowledging those of us who truly tried. Six weeks was all I could and I was super grateful for that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)