Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i silently judge women who never even try to breastfeed. edit, edit again

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

why wouldnt you at least try? at least for 6 weeks? if you cant ok but why not try?

edit: if you didn't breastfeed because of health reasons, having to be on amedication, stuff like that then i do not judge you. I am talking about perfectly healthy capable women who do not even want to try because they think its gross or wrong or whatever stupid excuse. i do not know peoplese situation unless they tell me, but a lot of people have straight up said to me "omg i think its so weird, i didnt even try." or "omg i hated it, i tried for a week but then it was just too hard and i gave up" obviously they didnt give it a real try.

it took us 3 months to establish breastfeeding! i had to try hard. breastfeeding takes a can do attitude, for me trying to pursue breastfeeding was my very first lesson to my child, "never give up on something you know is right" and that is the type of role model i want to be for my son, someone who can stand up and do what is right now matter how "hard" it is. 

edit again: OMG this post got featured!!! sorry that made me kinda excited ive never been featured before. haha.

look, if you gave breastfeeding an honest try, then i think thats great and i understand it doesnt always work, but if you didnt even try, then yes i do not understand why you would not want the best for your child. im leaving adoptive moms out of this because it is harder for them, but i do want to add adoptive moms can breastfeed too. but it seems like not everyone knows that..actually most of you seem extremely uneducated about breastfeeding and that is really part of the problem. i almost stopped because everyone toldme i just "couldnt breastfeed" and that was not the case, i just had to do more research, seek out support, and finally after 3 months iwas able to breastfeed my son. ive also read a lot about women who felt  uncomfortable doing it because they didnt want to hide, you shouldnt have to hide! our society is screwed up...

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 22, 2012 at 2:35 AM
Replies (761-770):
imnotbarbie03
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 7:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Then I hope you're judging women who are overweight and don't exercise daily and who don't consume enough water and who are in unhealthy relationships and who are on government assistance, etc. These factors are ALL detrimental to a child's well being. So at least I hope you judge everyone equally. God forbid a woman is a pound overweight, because living an unhealthy lifestyle is just as bad for kids as not breast feeding.

Quoting imnotbarbie03:

I'm judging too. Tried and had pain, not enough supply, not enough family support WHATEVER - thank you for trying - I'm not judging you.

But women who just "decide" to use formula despite all the current medical evidence stating that breast IS healthier (its not my opinion, its medical fact) well, I'm just confused and thinking in my head "Are you really that stupid?"

Do you have some articles from medical or psychological journals to back that up or are you just spewing nonsense?

Documented benefits of breastfeeding include:

Decreasing the risk of childhood obesity.

Decreased incidence of ear infection and lower respiratory infection.

Decreased risk of asthma.

Decreased risk of Type 2 diabetes, breast and ovarian cancer and PPD for mothers.

Does not going to the gym or not drinking enough water provide ALL those benefits? If not, I'm not really sure how you can draw paralells. 

But for the record, yes, I do judge people who eat velveeta, bologna and hamburger helper. That's not real food and no one should eat it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 26, 2012 at 11:05 PM

She is just young and inexperienced and thinks she knows everything

LiLsMaMa21
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 10:16 AM

You know what...our society is screwed up. Because we have people like you running around sticking your noses in the air and acting like you know more or you are better then the mother on the other park bench pulling out a bottle instead of her boob. Get over yourself and get a life!

azeventdiva
by Bronze Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Actually, before you judge, maybe you should ASK why I HAD to go back so soon. It was a date rape situation, that got me pregnant, when I was 18. I knew I always wanted kids, even if it wasn't a convenient time. I decided to keep my child. I took full responsibility for her & myself. I had to go back to work & school to better her life & my own. I was fortunate enough to be able to do just that, and by the time she was 3, I was home with her a lot & was able to taker her with me a lot when I did work. Now, she is 13 and VERY well adjusted. I have 3 more children, and have been able to stay home with them a lot more. Sometimes, you CAN'T stay home, and sometimes situations arise, which are beyond your control. I made the best of the situation that was handed to me. I do believe in abortion, if that is what's right for you. It was not what was right for me, neither was giving my child up for adoption. I was able to take my daughter with to some of my college classes, and am glad that I didn't take too much time off.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm judging you for leaving your poor baby at 3 weeks old! How selfish! You couldn't even TRY to wait til you were finished working and going to school before having a baby???
That's the problem with kids these days! Moms who are so selfish they put school and careers ahead of caring for there own children!!

Quoting azeventdiva:

I'm right thre with ya hun. If mom's who adopt and have never been pregnant themselves can breastfeed, then why can't a mom who gave birth to their child at least TRY? Unless of course there is a medical reason. Don't you want what is best for your baby?

Just sayin. And, I did just find out that my cousin who has a brand new baby is not breast feeding at all. I didn't say anything to her about it, just left it alone. But, when my grandmother posted something on my facebook about breast feeding vs formula, I certainly replied with my stance and how I feel about it. So, I guess I'm not as silent as you about it :)

An, I don't find mom's who work as being a good excuse. I worked full time AND went to college when my first was a baby. I went back to wor & classes when she was only 3 weeks old. Still managed to breast feed her till she was a year old.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 28, 2012 at 7:25 AM
I don't have time to do all kinds of 'judging '.
I'm too busy working and enjoying life!!!
azeventdiva
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Actually, before you judge, maybe you should ASK why I HAD to go back so soon. It was a date rape situation, that got me pregnant, when I was 18. I knew I always wanted kids, even if it wasn't a convenient time. I decided to keep my child. I took full responsibility for her & myself. I had to go back to work & school to better her life & my own. I was fortunate enough to be able to do just that, and by the time she was 3, I was home with her a lot & was able to taker her with me a lot when I did work. Now, she is 13 and VERY well adjusted. I have 3 more children, and have been able to stay home with them a lot more (and now I own 3 businesses that do very well, a bar, a restaurant {2 separate locations}, and a thriving cake company which will be expanding soon to a full bakery). Sometimes, you CAN'T stay home, and sometimes situations arise, which are beyond your control. I made the best of the situation that was handed to me. I do believe in abortion, if that is what's right for you. It was not what was right for me, neither was giving my child up for adoption. I was able to take my daughter with to some of my college classes, and am glad that I didn't take too much time off. It sucked, but I still breast fed the whole time. Certainly if a young, single mom who got pregnant under not so great circumstances AND was going to school AND working, can still take the time to breast feed throughout the first year, then certainly those who don't have any medical reasons for not breast feeding and are simply choosing not to, could find it in their hearts to do it if they really wanted to. I was appaled when I learned that my cousin is not nursing her daughter at all, by choice. She can't wait to get back to work. She is in a steady relationship, with plenty of help at home, and only one baby. She is in her late 20's. She ended up with a c-section, and her baby is just over 2 months old right now. She was planning on going back to work already, but couldn't because she had an infection due to the c-section. She is choosing not to BF, partly because she just doesn't want to deal with it (which is weird to me, because I feel like its a great bonding time, and truly special), and partly because she wants to be able to drink and carry on like she did before she was pregnant to begin with (which I also don't really understand, despite the fact that I OWN a bar, I personally never drink on a regular basis {maybe 3 times a year I will have a cocktail or something with friends}).

Quoting Anonymous:

My point: This lady who ditched her kid at three weeks because she had a baby before she finished school has no room to judge ANYONE!
Women are the rudest, most judgmental people who walk the planet.
Here's a mother putting another mother down because of the other woman's choice to not breast feed?!?!. Perhaps actually BEING home with a baby is just as important to the mother who had her life together BEFORE having kids as nursing is to the woman who thinks it's okay to ditch a newborn at 3 weeks.
Get it??
Different strokes for different folks.

Quoting Gardeningmom4:

Yes they are selfish for going back to school so they can better themselves and get a better job so they can provide for their children.Or going back to work so they can make sure their child has all that it needs.Yes that is truly selfish. You are a complete nimrod.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm judging you for leaving your poor baby at 3 weeks old! How selfish! You couldn't even TRY to wait til you were finished working and going to school before having a baby???

That's the problem with kids these days! Moms who are so selfish they put school and careers ahead of caring for there own children!!

Quoting azeventdiva:

I'm right thre with ya hun. If mom's who adopt and have never been pregnant themselves can breastfeed, then why can't a mom who gave birth to their child at least TRY? Unless of course there is a medical reason. Don't you want what is best for your baby?

Just sayin. And, I did just find out that my cousin who has a brand new baby is not breast feeding at all. I didn't say anything to her about it, just left it alone. But, when my grandmother posted something on my facebook about breast feeding vs formula, I certainly replied with my stance and how I feel about it. So, I guess I'm not as silent as you about it :)

An, I don't find mom's who work as being a good excuse. I worked full time AND went to college when my first was a baby. I went back to wor & classes when she was only 3 weeks old. Still managed to breast feed her till she was a year old.

angeltink7
by Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 5:38 AM

Sometimes breast feeding is not what is best for the baby.  I didn't think I needed to word that and I am sure you still won't believe it.  It is your choice to believe what you choose and do just as it is for the non breast feeding mother. 

Quoting Anonymous:

The problem is "you" and "them", its about what's best for the baby. When you become a parent nothing is about what is best for yourself anymore.

Quoting angeltink7:

Hey you did what was best for you and you need to respect that those who do or don't breast feed do what is best for them.  If you really want to silently judge other then leave it silent and don't post it in a forum because then it is not silent it is simpl judgemental.

thickerthan
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:28 AM
There are allot of medications women can take that are ok to breastfeed with even depression meds anxiety meds blood pressure and even pain meds can be used as long as the baby is healthy and the doctor watches its growth and other health Most moms can breastfeed and if I couldn't I would have asked someone else to In my opinion formula should have been a pharmacy only product you had to have a prescription to get for the babies inability to thrive on anyones breastmilk I breastfed my adopted child at 5 weeks and didn't even need drugs to bring my milk in
sorry for no punctuation keyboard stalling for unknown reasons
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:49 AM

What the hell nonsense is this? May not be best for baby? So dried up cows milk with added vitamins is better? How in the hell can you justify that? Why can't you admit it's not whats best for the MOM. Breast will always be best for baby. OUR BODY WAS MADE TO HAVE BABIES LIKE OUR BOOBS WERE MADE TO PRODUCE FOR OUR BABIES WE CONCIEVE. That sounds ridiculous.

Quoting angeltink7:

Sometimes breast feeding is not what is best for the baby.  I didn't think I needed to word that and I am sure you still won't believe it.  It is your choice to believe what you choose and do just as it is for the non breast feeding mother. 

Quoting Anonymous:

The problem is "you" and "them", its about what's best for the baby. When you become a parent nothing is about what is best for yourself anymore.

Quoting angeltink7:

Hey you did what was best for you and you need to respect that those who do or don't breast feed do what is best for them.  If you really want to silently judge other then leave it silent and don't post it in a forum because then it is not silent it is simpl judgemental.

CMart305
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 8:23 PM

My DH and I always assumed he was BF until recently.  He has ulcerative colits which is an autoimmune disease (usually lower incidence in ppl that were BF). 

While discussing this with his mom, she was like "Oh, you weren't breast fed." 

My husband"What, why not?" 

Mom's reply: " I thought Art (his older brother by 12 yrs) would find it weird and embarrassing."

REALLY!! Of all the reasons not to BF?  needless to say I was screaming inside. lol. I know everyone has their reasons, but this blew my mind.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)