Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What part of "I do not want to work" don't people understand

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

A friend of mine recently was giving some advice I did not ask for on some jobs she thinks I should try getting.

I have no intention of working. My dh and I both agree on this. She knows this and after I politely said I was not looking for a njob she kept going on and on about it.

This is not the first time something like this has happened.

Is it really hard to understand I do not wnat to find a job. I am quite happy being a sahm/house wife.

*vent over*

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2012 at 3:08 AM
Replies (181-185):
danandsamsmom
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Oh well, I married a lowly pediatric ER doctor.  Must be boring to hang with rocket scientist all the time...my friends are educated, but a varied group.

Isn't it great to have choices in life? I am happy that I made a choice to be a SAHM, not ending up a SAHM by default b/c I lacked education or skills.

Quoting Anonymous:

All of my friends are rocket scientists, too. And I married a neurosurgeon!

Quoting danandsamsmom:

Why do you find this difficult to believe?  In my social circle, all of my SAHM friends have college degrees.  Many have Masters or beyond. 

I married a doctor, I was tired of working...it is good to plan your life so that you have choices.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah. And I was a rocket scientist.

Quoting danandsamsmom:

Quoting Anonymous:

So you don't aspire for more? You're content settling?

Who said she is settling?  I am an attorney turned SAHM.  I practiced for ten years before my son was born.  I settled for only for doing exactly what I want with my life.

wife_and_mommy
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 8:59 PM

I'm staying off the PA rants.. I was extremly blessed to be able to stay at home with my children until they started school. Now I am going back to school to get a good career so God forbid something were to happen to my husband (he works overseas) I would know that I would be able to live fairly well with a good job. 

But that is MY OWN personal reasons. To each their own

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2012 at 9:01 PM
I hate people like that. My mom was very unsupportative of me being a sahm. I'm going back to work part time as we found out dh is being laid off in December and I swear she is almost giddy about it
kidlover2
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 9:11 PM
You realize "social programs" are your fire departments, libraries, etc... right!? Have we lost all common sense in the cry of anti-pa?

Quoting Anonymous:

Bullshit.  And I have researched it.  20% of collected taxes go to social programs.  I pay a shitload of taxes and it's not "very little", unless of course you are a multimillionaire.  Which maybe you are, I have no idea.  But I'm not, and 20% of what I pay in taxes is 20% more than I wish to pay.

So it is my business.

Quoting mstkn.identity:

Research it very little of your taxes fund pa. So no you aint payin for no one.

Quoting Anonymous:

What are you talking about? I just made a comment in this post and just woke up this being my first post I commented to, lol. Yes, it is my business, my tax dollars pay for this, it's common knowledge.

Quoting mstkn.identity:

Oh lawd youre the psycho in champagnes post. Research barely any of your tax dollars go towards pa. Besides if you get a return each year NONE of your money is goin towards pa.

Plus it still aint your damn business and no i aint on pa.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not when my tax dollars are paying for them, then it IS  my business.

Quoting mstkn.identity:

Even if they were on pa its no bodies business.

Quoting storkneedsgps:

As long as you aren't on pa, it's nobody's business but your own.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Actually I am talking about social welfare programs.  Fire departments and libraries have nothing to do with social welfare programs like Medicaid, TANF, WIC, EITC, and food stamps.

Apparently you are the one that didn't realize that.

Quoting kidlover2:

You realize "social programs" are your fire departments, libraries, etc... right!? Have we lost all common sense in the cry of anti-pa?

Quoting Anonymous:

Bullshit.  And I have researched it.  20% of collected taxes go to social programs.  I pay a shitload of taxes and it's not "very little", unless of course you are a multimillionaire.  Which maybe you are, I have no idea.  But I'm not, and 20% of what I pay in taxes is 20% more than I wish to pay.

So it is my business.

Quoting mstkn.identity:

Research it very little of your taxes fund pa. So no you aint payin for no one.

Quoting Anonymous:

What are you talking about? I just made a comment in this post and just woke up this being my first post I commented to, lol. Yes, it is my business, my tax dollars pay for this, it's common knowledge.

Quoting mstkn.identity:

Oh lawd youre the psycho in champagnes post. Research barely any of your tax dollars go towards pa. Besides if you get a return each year NONE of your money is goin towards pa.

Plus it still aint your damn business and no i aint on pa.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not when my tax dollars are paying for them, then it IS  my business.

Quoting mstkn.identity:

Even if they were on pa its no bodies business.

Quoting storkneedsgps:

As long as you aren't on pa, it's nobody's business but your own.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)