Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

those are my pictures!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
Ok first off I know some are going to say "post pictures online at your own risk!" BUT!!!! My facebook profile is private & only people I know are on my lists.

So today I scroll through to see if my friend had her baby yet & I pause for a second cause I noticed someone posted pictures & all of them are pictures of my kids!!!! When I looked it was my ex's mom who took the exact same pictures off of my page & uploaded them to hers. Now I understand she is my daughter's grandma but not to my sons. She has a few that are of all of my kids. I always send her pictures of my daughter cause she lives in a different state then we do & I don't want her feeling left out in my daughter's life. But taking the pictures with all of them? I have to say I'm a little upset by this but I don't know if I should be. No she didn't ask or even give me a heads up she was doing this.

Would you be upset?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2012 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ffpm10
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 3:42 PM
Nope. You said it yourself.
That's the price of posting online.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hp2011
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 3:43 PM

imo if you're going to freak out about your kids being exploited then don't put their pics  up at all just to be safe.

mommyoftwo103
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this

No. I wouldn't be upset. I don't understand what the big deal is.. 

mommytobeyippee
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 3:44 PM
No.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 3:44 PM

I get annoyed when my ex posts pictures of the kids (their father) on his wall.. he'll steal the pictures from his mom's facebook page and post that he did ___ with the kids.. like my daughters first day of school..

the issue I have is that he wasn't there.. at all!!  He hasn't seen the kids is over 3 months now.. and that was only for an hour or two, before that he hadn't seen them for 3 months.

jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 3:45 PM

but i'm more annoyed that he lies about what he does.. than the pictures being up.

Mama2ETA
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 3:45 PM

you give her pictures. You share pictures with her on FB. You give her the access. If you dont want her to post them, don't let her see the pictures.  Why dont you just let your ex share the pictures with his mom? That way it will only be of your daughter.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Then delete her off your fb page.

housewife420
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 3:45 PM

no i wouldnt. i always check the privacy of my pics on fb cuz it seems to change every other day

Mama2ETA
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 3:47 PM

exploit? lol

ex·ploit/ikˈsploit/

Verb:
Make full use of and derive benefit from
I think you used the wrong word. She is not exploiting her grandchild.
Quoting hp2011:

imo if you're going to freak out about your kids being exploited then don't put their pics  up at all just to be safe.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured