Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DH asked if I mind if he goes camping with a coworker. I said yes, now I don't know . Update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 163 Replies

He asked a group of friends that he works with if anyone was interested in going. A woman coworker said that she would like to go.  She has never been camping and he really wants to go.  I can't go so he wondered if I minded if he found someone that wants to. She did. I trust him. He was very upfront and honest about it.  It does bother me a little though.

Edit

I stopped reading the replies because DH came up behind me and I went off to bed with him. I was surprised how many there were when I came back. I want to make clear, my apprehension has nothing to do with worry that he will have sex with her. It has more to with my own jealousy that another woman will be spending time with him. I don't think that every man  makes decisions with their dick before their brain and heart.  I believe him when he says that they are just friends. He has never give me any reason to doubt him. He asked a table full of people if they were interested in going camping next weekend and nobody could or felt like it besides her. He complained at a cookout last weekend that nobody wanted to go camping and a mutual woman fried piped up and said she would go. We laughed because we knew she wouldn't. She was drunk when she said she would. I would have been perfectly FINE with him going with her. I know that she has no ulterior motive. I don't know if this other woman just has interest in my husband. I don't think it will get her anywhere. It would just make me want to smack her in the head. lol There were a couple of questions in the replies that I might as well answer here. The campground is four hours away. He has a glass of red wine every night but doesn't get drunk. He actually did let me go away for two days with a guy friend many years ago. He was, and is, a close friend that I have known since I was a small child.  We stayed at a hotel together. I never made a move on him and he never made a move on me and this was back when I was attractive. smile

Update,

This post was made a long time ago. A lot of people ripped me up for trusting him. They stayed one night, had a great time, spent most of the time hiking, and that was it. He mentioned last night that she wants to get a whole group of people, and thier families, from work together and all go. So, nothing ever came of it. I guess I was right to trust him. I did find out later that DH's best friend gave him hell for going. He told him that he was damn lucky that he was married to me because his wife would never tolerate that.  

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2012 at 9:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lilred57
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 9:08 PM
3 moms liked this
You are a much more trusting woman than I.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2012 at 9:13 PM

His ex wife cheated on him. He is pretty disgusted with people when they cheat.  I am fairly certain that he would never do it to me. He originally asked a guy friend but when he couldn't go, he just put it out there. She got all excited about going.

Lilred57
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it's great you have that kind of trust in your husband. Honestly, I want that by the time I get married. I would feel uneasy too, more because of the female coworker and her motives I guess. Anyway you can get out of your plans this weekend?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 23, 2012 at 9:18 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 23, 2012 at 9:18 PM
8 moms liked this
Send a kid lol
Liz132
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 9:19 PM
2 moms liked this

I would not let that happen. Why does he not just wait until you are able to go with him?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Quoting Lilred57:

I think it's great you have that kind of trust in your husband. Honestly, I want that by the time I get married. I would feel uneasy too, more because of the female coworker and her motives I guess. Anyway you can get out of your plans this weekend?

No, I promised my kids that I would bring them to a party that they have looked forward to for weeks. I don't want to disappoint them.

Bright.Eyes
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 9:20 PM
5 moms liked this

I trust my husband too, but no, that would not fly with me. In fact, he wouldn't even suggest such a thing.

I long, yes, I faint with longing to enter the courts of the LORD. With
my whole being, body and soul, I will shout joyfully to the living God. Psalm 84:2

alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 9:20 PM

I hope he has fun.

My DH and I have a very open and trusting relationship.

Why can't you go? Just curious.

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Just the two of them????

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN