Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I will never own a pitbull

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 95 Replies
Personally, I think that they are a great breed. Loyal and protective to their families. Great size and short fur. Playful and smart. But we move a lot. Not a lot of landlords are ok with the breed. Renters and homeowners insurance is higher if you have the breed (many other breeds too). I'm kinda sad about that. As they can be great dogs.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsRinehart2010
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:24 AM
1 mom liked this

i love mine an woulldd never move any where he isnt welcome

SarahLizyB
by Gold Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:25 AM
That's the exact reason I won't. I love them though
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I love pitties! But SO doesn't like dogs, so we'll never have one. 

After getting our Savannah cat we had to go through our "dream sheet" on where we want to move to (we are military) because Savannahs are banned in certain states. 

I will never understand these bans. They are so stupid. 

Cpdsptchgrl
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:26 AM
My ex is trying to talk me into taking a pit bull mix he has. He just has too many dogs and she's HUGE. Beautiful and sweet puppy. I LOVE pits and he knows it. LOL Sadly my other ex would start making false allegations if he found out so I can't do that. =( I'm surprised he hasn't started with false allegations with the dog I have already. She's a husky mix and he hates for me to be happy. Wants to take every piece of happiness away. I'd be crushed if I took in the other dog and then had to get rid of her because he can't let go of misplaced hate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Euphorikmomma
by Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Ok?? I agree a lot of places will not accept them (took us a while to find a house), However..some companies will allow it as long as you sign a contract stating they are not in any way liable if there were to be a problem with the dog.

nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:28 AM
We have two :) one is incredibly smart and one is dumber than a box of rocks but we love them both :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arpazia
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:28 AM
That's why we won't. :(

Quoting SarahLizyB:

That's the exact reason I won't. I love them though

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3earthangels
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Pots, and other "bully" breeds, are awesome dogs! I love them, but cannot have a dog. So I run transports for a friend's rescue :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aimhawk
by Gold Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:29 AM
1 mom liked this

That's what is making moving harder for us right now, because we will definitely not be giving our guy up! :) He is an important member in our family. When we buy it won't be too big an issue, except for the insurance part.

Rach7224
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:30 AM
I wouldnt move somewhere i couldnt have them. My dogs are my otger children. I love them to pieces. Mine are mixes but i have also gotten away with saying lab mix because they are lab and pit. But some places dont like labs either because they are known to dig. I tend to do more person renting tho. Know the people and not companies so ive never had a problem.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)