Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Edit in Red - My dh is glad I miscarried our baby!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I went to the ER last night because I woke up bleeding severely. After some tests and us I was told that I had lost the baby. I was hysterical, but I won't go into that
When we got home my dh hugs me and says "look at it this way, now you have one less thing to worry about" I whirled around slapped him and ran into the house and locked myself in the bedroom.

He has come to the door, said he was crying and saying he was sorry and just said the wrong thing, but I'm just so mad!

What would you do?

First off, I did overreact. Of course he isn't happy about it. I know I shouldn't have slapped him and thank God he is a real man and would never hit a woman (even if she hit him first). 

We sent the kids to my mom's house, she lives down the street.  We talked and thought it would be good for both of us to attend some group therapy for ppl that are going through the same thing. I apologized profusely for raising a hand to him and he forgave me.  He said that I did the wrong thing just as he said the wrong thing.  I've never had a miscarriage before and I was really upset. I was wrong though

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 24, 2012 at 7:27 AM
Replies (41-50):
GLO682
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:09 AM

he was trying to make you feel  better. im sure he didnt mean it like that.

wilesmomma
by Gold Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:09 AM
Hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CABZS
by Emerald Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:11 AM
I'm sorry for your loss.

However, that doesn't say to me that he's happy about it. It seems he was trying to comfort you but like most men used their mouths instead of just hugging and loving.

Not to mention he is probably sad as well and has to deal with how he feels as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
batmansgirl
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:20 AM

Wow.. Why would you hit him?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:22 AM

i think its hard for men to understand these things sometimes

Autumn07
by Kat on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Forgive him. Guys just put their foot in their mouths all the time.

ajohnson08099
by *Lyssa Lou* on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Sorry. Don't mean to sound mean... But you way over reacted to this... I would calm down and apologize just like he tried to apologize to you. Just my opinion.

I am very sorry for your loss though.

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:25 AM

flip my shit! That is such an asshole thing to say. I'm sorry.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:28 AM

You do realise he is suffering that loss also. way to over react. Im sorry for the loss to your family. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:32 AM
My ex did that to me too. I miscarried as I was moving out (well he kicked me and ds out so he could move his gf in...) And his gf was more concerned than he was!!

As for your dh I think he may have just been trying to make you feel better and realizes now it was a poor choice of words
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)