Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DF thinks I'm out of line being upset...

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:33 PM
  • 45 Replies
My brother's gf is a stuck up witch. she's caused huge problems for my brother's relationship with the rest of the family and we just generally don't get along.

last night at my mom's house she tells me that she bought my son a suit. her words as close as I can remeber are "so now he'll be sooooo cute on his birthday, and he'll wear it for thanksgiving and christmas". she has met my 11 month old MAYBE 6 times in his life. It doesn't bother me that she bought him a suit, but it rubs me the wrong way that she just decided he would wear it for all this holiday season and expects that I'll just dress him in it because she says so. i might dress him in it for one of them, I just have my feathers ruffled because she just thinks she can have it her way, and DF thinks I'm being totally unreasonable... would you be annoyed?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SodiumPentathol
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:38 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meparty
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:39 PM
3 moms liked this

maybe she was meaning he could wear it, doesnt mean you have to dress him in it.  Your kid, dress him how you want.  Pick your battles.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:39 PM
Just do what you want and be ready to laugh when she gets ticked!
cherrywaves21
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I can see why it would brother you! It's sounds like those will be his first holidays that he's aware and you can't stand her. No need to say anything just smile and nod and
Dress him how you see fit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ruthie_66
I would be cranky abt it too. Screw what he thinks. Vent to us :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TurtleSquish

I would be, simply because I didn't like her, you know? I'm sure she meant well, just dress him in it for one of the holidays and call it good

Not_A_Native
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:41 PM

No, I'd just thank her for it, and let him wear it once around her.  Chances are, it won't fit for long anyway, so no big deal.

SodiumPentathol
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:42 PM
See, if she had even suggested that it was a choice I wouldn't be bothered. but she definitely had this attitude of "I bought it, so he'll wear it and that's that"

Quoting meparty:

maybe she was meaning he could wear it, doesnt mean you have to dress him in it.  Your kid, dress him how you want.  Pick your battles.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SodiumPentathol
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:47 PM
I think he'll be uncomfortable in the suit, so I'm thinking thanksgiving and he can just change into jammies early...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:51 PM
You seem petty and a bit immature. The reason it bothers you most is simply bc you do not care for her. Its not that big a deal
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured