Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't kill spiders.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
We live in a wooded area and get tons of spiders in the house. I don't always kill them, but if they look wicked I do. I think they are good for the environment. That's my confession.

Do you kill spiders?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:44 PM
Replies (41-50):
momofourmonkeys
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Not all of them.  Sometimes I let them live, but if the dog finds it then it's fair game...

The only thing I won't (read can't) kill are cockroaches.  They make me want to vomit.  My husband always knows when I've killed anything because our house smells like whatever spray I was closest to at the moment.  Usually some fragrant body spray my girls were playing in...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 24, 2012 at 7:17 PM
Aww I'm sorry. That sucks :( they are creepy looking. Did something happen or have you heard horror stories, or have you just always been afraid like that?

Quoting nataliesmom2012:

Spiders give me panic attacks to the point where I'm in the bathroom vomiting as soon as they're dead. If I lose them while trying to kill them, I go straight to the store and buy spider bombs and bomb the whole house. Spiders are my biggest fear...

ETA: If someone else is at my house, I'll have them kill the spider for me. I keep a can of Raid for spiders in my house at all times and I'll drown those nasty little monsters in that if someone else isn't here to kill them for me.

LanaTsunami
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 7:18 PM
Kill it with fire'!!!!!!!!!!!'!!!!!!'!!!!!!!"M!!!1!!!!!!!!!!
MarShy740
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 7:19 PM
Oh I don't kill them because I'm terrified of them! My son or DH or whoever is around really does it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 24, 2012 at 7:19 PM
I suck them up with the vacuum then put it in the back hall for a few days and hope the spider dies or goes away lol
Behindthelense
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 7:20 PM

If they come near me I will, if they are just scurrying along the floor or walls I leave them alone.

MarShy740
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 7:21 PM
I'm the same way I scream and freak out almost to tears sometimes. They are my worst fear. I wanna barf if I kill them myself.

Quoting nataliesmom2012:

Spiders give me panic attacks to the point where I'm in the bathroom vomiting as soon as they're dead. If I lose them while trying to kill them, I go straight to the store and buy spider bombs and bomb the whole house. Spiders are my biggest fear...

ETA: If someone else is at my house, I'll have them kill the spider for me. I keep a can of Raid for spiders in my house at all times and I'll drown those nasty little monsters in that if someone else isn't here to kill them for me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 7:22 PM

If they are in the house, they have to go. I will also kill one in the yard if it is a harmful kind because I don't want to risk him coming in and biting the kids through the night.

mysticalmalissa
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 7:22 PM

I dont either (unless its a recluse). I have a ton of house plants and the spiders eat all the bad bugs. 

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 7:23 PM
Not always. Daddy long legs are nice guys. I did just kill a black widow that was camped out in our mailbox! I didn't want us or the mail man to get bitten.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured