Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
We all just ate dinner, home made tacos and quesadillas. Well my 5 year old ate his taco but my 2 year old didn't. My 5 year old asked for some popcorn (home popped no butter and little salt) so I said yes. My 2 year old wanted popcorn too so I told him, eat your dinner (he didn't touch it) and you can have some. He threw a fit and his dinner on the floor. So I told him no popcorn. He's now throwing a fit and I'm *trying* to ignore the tantrum :-/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 11:41 PM
Replies (11-20):
roardiva
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this
*hands you a taco* it's ground beef and chorizo with sour cream, cheese and salsa. Did I mention the shell was homemade? Cuz it is. Yum-o!

Quoting MamaTasha08:

Can I have a taco?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rennez
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 11:51 PM
You serve popcorn without butter? How dare you. Shitty mom fo sho.

Jk....we are a no butter fam as well
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rennez
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 11:51 PM
Dear God will you please send one to St Louis for me

Quoting roardiva:

*hands you a taco* it's ground beef and chorizo with sour cream, cheese and salsa. Did I mention the shell was homemade? Cuz it is. Yum-o!

Quoting MamaTasha08:

Can I have a taco?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GatorsWife4Life
by Christina on Sep. 24, 2012 at 11:52 PM

That is not being an awful mom, that is being a great mom for teaching him. If you don't teach him things then nobody will, sounds like you are doing a good job by not giving in. :)

anon1986East
by Kali on Sep. 24, 2012 at 11:53 PM

I deal with that too, you're not an awful mom. As much as it sucks, and I know because my mom was the same way, I agree with the method. Of course I remember being pissed off when my siblings would be getting a treat after dinner while I sulked at the dinner table but eventually we all learned to eat dinner without a fuss.

roardiva
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think it will keep from Hawaii to you lol.

Quoting rennez:

Dear God will you please send one to St Louis for me

Quoting roardiva:

Quoting MamaTasha08:

Can I have a taco?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Candymonster
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 11:54 PM
...I want me some tacos...
AmandaMaeBell
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 11:56 PM

LOL this was my first thought!  My second was, I don't blame you, I would do the same.  Send him to his room, and tell him when he stops throwing a fit, he can come out.

Quoting 1likeme:

How can you serve pop corn without butter?

MissMia22
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 12:03 AM

we have to do that with my 3 1/2 year old as well.  He ended up going on a hunger strike for a week (he had a virus at the same time so we are not sure what caused his no eating) but he now eats everything and if he dosent he asks us to put it in the fridge and he ends up eating it later.

It sucks bad letting them thrw a fit like that but stay strong and he will learn to eat his dinner before getting snacks.  *hugs*

roardiva
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 12:17 AM
Why are you gagging?

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh brother. Seriously? Gag.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)