Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Widows of Warcraft

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Mist comes out at midnight so I won't be speaking to DH for about 48 hours. I really wish Blizzard would just POOF :(

Eta: I'm taliking about World of Warcraft for those who don't know.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2012 at 12:24 AM
Replies (51-58):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2012 at 3:56 AM
Yes but we (at least I'm not) aren't on here for up to 72 hours at a time. And yes, DH has done the before. I'm thinking the next 72 will be no different.

Quoting 702girly:

There's something about a bunch of forum junkies whining about people wasting time on the computer that tickles me. LOL

roardiva
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 4:03 AM
YES! Omg I could go off on this for hours. It makes me so mad. My dh just laughes and goes back to playing skyrim lol

Quoting Chelly4.588.8:

Yep and then have to buy the expansions to go along with it.

Quoting roardiva:

I'm all for playing video games. I have no problem with that, it's the buying the game and still having to pay to play that gets me. It looks like an awesome game but I just can't stand that. They rip you off.

Quoting Chelly4.588.8:

Exact reason DH and I stopped playing and waited for GW2 to come out, no sub... 15 bucks that could go to something else

Quoting roardiva:

Not me, I let dh play games when the kids go to bed but wow isn't one of them bc it makes me so angry that YOU HAVE TO PAY TO PLAY!!!! Fuck that!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fallnangel3
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 7:23 AM
I work thirds and walked in @ 630 to dh still up playing (we're est so he couldn't play till 3am here). I told him since he did the beta test I didn't understand why he had to stay up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Starburst72
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 7:34 AM

hubby used to be a widower of cafemom

mommajenn4684
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 7:35 AM
We play about 3 nights a week. I have to work all day today but he has off lol so I know what he's gonna do.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 7:38 AM

LOL! DH played for a few years, then I played with him for a while. It was fun while it lasted but we got to busy.

Enjoy the quiet.

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 7:42 AM

Yeah I am going to try and get my work done today while my son is at school so I can play a bit before my raid tonight.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2012 at 8:22 AM

god i do know it can be really repeditive in the lover levels before you get alot of the skills and attacks. but it also can depend on the class you choose, by far warriors are the most boring and repeditive, but hunters with  having a pet helping attack can be alot of fun! the cloth wearing casters can be a pain. they have changed the game so much over the years, its now  very very new player friendly. they made things alot easier. 

lol see my dh used to work with my ex husband, id never met him in person and he was simply aquanitince, occasionally play online wow  in a guild  or friends group together. (his thoughts of me were omg horrible  epic failure of a rouge) both stopped playing, everyone gets bored or burnt out on aspects of game. months later he went thru divorce, so did i, he was on my fb  but never talked, til he messaged me said he was worried about a status id posted asked how  me and my kids were doing  handling the divorce. we just got to talking really hit it off,  a week prior to messaging me he had transfered to another store out of state, and he then kicked himself for not beginging to talk to me or he would not have moved. we kept up long distance relationship, after couple months id let him meet my kids during a video chat, lol he got  books and read to them. he visited back in town with us when he could, in time he moved in, later married, now im under 4 weeks away from birth! lol planning home birth, its his 1st child my 3rd he adores the girls and threy love him so much too, he and i did get back into playing wow due to  a coworker of his but we shared account and  only played 3 months before tired bored of it, nope aint got new expansion, hes a big time gamer but he seriously wont try to get to point to save a game, or whatever he will just shut it right off even if he has to re-do alot, he will drop group with no warning to others in wow and just log out and tacklre kids doing arts and crafts with them anytime they ask, he never turns them down. however with help with housework, if hes in group he stops says brb, goes take out trash for me ect and  goes back to playing. kids and house dont ever get neglected and we are both gamers. but sigh our 7 yr old dd began demanding a wow account for xmas, we think shes too young for many aspects of game, but id let her have fun fishing and picking flowers at times (kids get 1 hr gaming per week, break it up to 30 mins 2x a week, also kids get 1 movie length  tv time a week or 1 hr of tv a week) im sorta missing wow but with  being so close to baby being here i think it would be a waste of  the monthly fee to play , maybe when things are more settled or sometime next year il play again. i go afk alot with games like vast majority of played time on toons is littereally standing or sitting until it logs out because im busy with something else and forgot to log out,  id also sometimes have been playing a few mins then go on to housework and occasionally hit spacebar to make toon jump lol that goes for hrs on end though, a bit ocd with housework, i reorganize my spices like2x a week for hell of it. wash and scrub down cabinets 2x a week (theres 32 cabinets in kitchen/dining room..... floor to high celing, i shampoo my own carpets every 2 weeks,  the amount of detailed frequent deep cleaning i do is insane and unessacary  that i do. my down time im usually reading on here or catching up reading news, or reading a book. but i kill 600pg books in 2-3 days..... dh usually plays games after kids go to bed if we arent cuddled on couch catching up or watching something together. he said he would consider playing wow again manybe after next year comes if id get my own account . we have side by side desktops and he would want to group with me help leveling ect doing things together on game. ehh maybe one day, if  next baby on schedual and we do have easier small window of play time not interupted. kids and house  come 1st, if we arent too tired by end of day when its all quiet them we will  play some games.

Quoting Anonymous:

I tried and couldn't even get past level 10. It would drive me insane to have to do the same fights over and over and over and over and over again.

Quoting sheramom4:

Damn it....I forgot....I am a widow of Warcraft as well. Although I have my own account just to be involved....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)