Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would it be worth it?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
Dh works at a cement company so winters are hard for us. We have a hard time unless he works 60-70 hours a week, which rarely happens in the winter.
I've been thinking about getting a waitressing job, even if it's only 4 hours a day. The problem is that he doesn't ever know what time he goes in or gets off until the day he works, sometimes he goes in at 2am and other times it's 7. Some days he gets off at 4pm, other times it's 10. :-/
I'd have to find a babysitter, which my mom might take care of ds, but there's no guarantee.
Would you try to get a job?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2012 at 12:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2012 at 12:08 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2012 at 12:08 PM
Bump
ihave1
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 12:11 PM
No harm in trying to. Good luck hopeneverything works out for ya!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2012 at 12:12 PM

I use to work on my DH's days off. So then I would know what hours I could work. Yes, it sucked not to be together but the money really helps out. I would work 10-12 hours a day on his two days off. I could pull in 24 hours a week that way. It really does help. I would try to do whatever you can to help.

alexsmomma06
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 12:12 PM

If I could find someone willing to take him whenever, I would at least try. Granted, the baby sitter doesn't cost more than what you make.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2012 at 12:13 PM
See he only gets one day off. :-/ and ds is a super big mommas boy

Quoting Anonymous:

I use to work on my DH's days off. So then I would know what hours I could work. Yes, it sucked not to be together but the money really helps out. I would work 10-12 hours a day on his two days off. I could pull in 24 hours a week that way. It really does help. I would try to do whatever you can to help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2012 at 12:13 PM
That's the thing. I know I can't work much and I don't want to pay too much for a sitter.

Quoting alexsmomma06:

If I could find someone willing to take him whenever, I would at least try. Granted, the baby sitter doesn't cost more than what you make.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I was worried about our dd's too. But it really helped their relationship with their dad. They got to spend time together just them. We no longer have to do this because our work schedules are different and the girls are older. But my 13 year old dd will come home and talk to her dad about everything so it worked out to be a good thing in the end. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 25, 2012 at 12:16 PM
This is the exact reason I don't work. My dh just started working for a concrete company. But his jobs have always had incredibly unpredictable hours and I have 3 kids I'd have to figure out child care for.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 25, 2012 at 12:21 PM
Dh likes to sleep a lot, especially when he's off (Sundays). I don't know if he could care for ds alone.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I was worried about our dd's too. But it really helped their relationship with their dad. They got to spend time together just them. We no longer have to do this because our work schedules are different and the girls are older. But my 13 year old dd will come home and talk to her dad about everything so it worked out to be a good thing in the end. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)